Altair has completed two years’ of trading
We have had a successful second year of trading and are firmly established within the affordable housing sector, across the British Isles. We have gained recognition as an important player in the housing consultancy sector, particularly from Registered Providers, and increasingly from local authorities and ALMOs. Our business success comes because both new and old clients know the quality of our work and our people.
Last year we worked successfully with over 140 clients on about 320 assignments with over half of our first year clients returning to us for further advice or support.
Our client base is widely contrasting in its size, type and location – it includes large and small organisations, spans the British Isles and ranges from Registered Providers, to law firms, to large multinationals. Our consultants are well-travelled: from East Anglia to North Wales, the Isles of Scilly to the Scottish Highlands and Lowlands, from Liverpool to Birmingham, London and the South East.
Our work reflects your interests and concerns in facing the realities of delivering complex businesses in a challenging environment for housing. Some examples of the varied work we have undertaken include:
- Affordable Rent research- models beyond 2015
- Gateway Housing Association – Older Persons housing commission
- Scottish Housing Regulator – sector remuneration research
- Sovereign, Moat and Radian Housing Associations – Springboards and Safety Nets – Fully Flexible Tenure research
- All aspects of financial modelling, including Brixx modelling and business plan preparation
- Development strategy advice
- Recruitment and interim management
- Mentoring for Chairs, senior executives and middle managers
- Consolidation and merger advice
- Due diligence
- Market Rent strategy, development and implementation
- Carbon Reduction strategy
- Development advice
- Operational health checks
- Service charge reviews
- Regulatory compliance
- Housing and tenancy strategy preparation
- All aspects of governance including work with boards and top teams facilitating awaydays, assurance, board control and development.
To date, our core business has been in strategy and governance, development and regeneration, financial advisory, HR and recruitment services. We are now increasingly offering advice covering welfare reform and realising social objectives. This socio-economic business stream will cover areas such as: welfare reform, policy research, creating social value (e.g. tackling worklessness, building community cohesion, etc.) and more.
In these difficult times, we enter our third year of trading with confidence, ready to support you with your challenges. Our thanks to everyone with whom we’ve had the pleasure of working.