A lot has happened in the sector over the past year, with lots of changes due to be implemented from April, which has inevitably put lots of pressure on your organisations. I’m sure you’ve been so busy dealing with the changes that you’ve not had much time to think about the sector event of the year for housing finance professionals!
Well, at Altair we have picked out what we think are the 5 most popular themes coming out of the conference for 2016 and some particular sessions that have taken our interest:
- The economy; hear from Keynote speaker Vicky Pryce, one of the country’s leading economists, on the future of the economy and the affect it will have on UK housing.
- Housing supply and funding options; Alex Pilato and Fenella Edge analyse the best ways to approach the bond market, while Neil Waller, Eleanor James, Phil Jenkins and Nasreen Hussain take a look at how subsidiaries could be funded to facilitate development.
- Regulation; Mike Warner, Deputy Director of Regulatory Operations at the HCA, and Paul Edwards of Chelmer Housing Partnership, talk about how the new framework has bedded in and what’s next on the HCA’s to-do list, as well as giving us a first-hand account of an IDA experience.
- Rent cut; Phil Cliftlands, Maria Hallows and Rob Griffiths will talk through guidance in the SORP in relation to impairment following the 1% rent cut over the next 4 years, while Waqar Ahmed and Michelle Allott take us through two case studies of how to reduce costs without harming your business.
- Governance; the new seminar programme sees Bill Gill and Geoff Clarke talk about Johnnie Johnson’s experience in securing its regulatory upgrade and how audit can help prevent downgrades happening, while Jenny Brown and David Rogers talk to us about Audit Committee effectiveness.
Altair offer a range of advisory and consultancy services including Finance, Governance & Strategy, Property, as well as a full HR and Recruitment Service, and our Finance Team can help you with any of the issues that your business might be facing in this difficult climate.
We are going to be at the conference in Liverpool on the 16th and 17th March 2016 and if you would like to arrange an appointment with any of the team then please do not hesitate to do so on the contact details below – we’ve also included pictures so you can recognise us among the crowds! We look forward to catching up with old colleagues and friends, and also meeting some new people along the way!
|Susan Kane, Partner
07870 685 891
|Jim Lashmar, Director
07968 616 550
|Hugh Coll, Head of Financial
07503 519 633
|Liz Anderson, Senior Consultant
07833 469 476
|Angela Davies, Senior Consultant
07712 849 357
07904 042 525
|Mihir Shah, Business Analyst
07799 641 384