A lot has happened in the sector since we gathered at the Social Housing conference last year, and with many changes implemented from April, this has inevitably put lots of pressure on your organisations.
2016 was always going to be a year of change; rent reductions, increased efficiencies and now the effects of Brexit. There has been change for Altair as well, with our parent company changing its name to Aquila Services Plc and our increased staff team of 35 employees able to offer our range of services across the country.
No doubt adapting to the recent changes has probably left you with little time to review the full line up for Thursday’s conference, so we have picked out what we think are the 5 most popular themes coming out of the conference, and highlighted some sessions that particularly caught our eye:
- The Operating environment; hear David Cowans, Mathew Bailes and Geeta Nanda talk about Business as Usual in a post-Brexit world. Steve Richards, the chief political columnist of The Independent will discuss the current political and economic landscape
- Regulation update; Julian Ashby, Chair of the Regulations Committee at the HCA will provide an in-depth look at the future of regulation, including the next steps in the ‘efficiency agenda’.
- Making a merger; Waqar Ahmed, L&Q, and Richard Peacock, Soha Housing, will explore what is the rationale driving mergers in the sector
- Transformation; Bruce Moore and Dave Procter offer their view on how business transformation and increasing commercial activity should be managed
- Devolution and evolution; Cllr Paul Smith, of Bristol City Council, offers his view on what’s next for devolution and explores what devolved areas are doing to increase housing.
Read the full conference programme here. The Altair team will be attending the Social Housing Conference on 10th November and if you would like to arrange an appointment with any of the team then please do not hesitate to do so on the contact details below – or pop over to our exhibition stand and say hello!
Altair offer a range of advisory and consultancy services including governance & strategy, finance, property and people. Our services include:
- Board and governance reviews, risk and assurance, options reviews, growth, mergers and acquisitions, special investigations and management
- Business planning and financial modelling expertise (Brixx partners), financial due diligence, development appraisal, local authority self-funding, ALMO reviews, non-organic growth
- Treasury management support
- Asset management, bid support for stock transfers, regeneration support
- Organisational Excellence, focusing on customers, process, organisational design, culture and technology
- Executive resourcing, talent management and people advisory
To find out more about our full range of services, please click here.
|Chris Wood, Partner
07932 693 292
|Michael Appleby, Director
07545 314 749
07940 569 395
|Mihir Shah, Business Analyst
07799 641 384