Board Members, Castles & Coasts Housing Association
Cumbria / North East
£4,080 plus out of pocket expenses
About Castles & Coasts Housing Association
Castles & Coasts Housing Association (CCHA) was created on 31st July 2017 following the merger of Two Castles Housing Association and Derwent & Solway Housing Association, owns and manages more than 7,000 homes across the north of England.
CCHA’s mission is “Providing affordable homes and sustainable communities with pride, passion and principles”.
This is supported by the organisation’s Corporate Values:
CCHA’s offer to their customers is shaped by their Commitments – they:
- Deliver services which are locally focussed
- Continually review services, working alongside our customers and partners to shape and improve services
- Provide access to our services in a range of ways to suit our customers’ needs and lifestyles
- Ensure that customer satisfaction is at the heart of everything we do
- Develop services which provide good value
- Develop new homes across the North of England to meet affordable housing need
The organisation has an annual turnover of over £30m and employs nearly 200 staff. CCHA will be investing significantly in providing new affordable homes. CCHA plans to spend more than £10.5m per annum on maintenance (including major repairs), creating employment and skills opportunities in local communities.
About the role
The organisation is embarking on its new Corporate Strategy and is seeking to recruit up to four Board Members. The Board currently has strong levels of diversity in skills and experience, and applications from varied backgrounds and specialisms are welcomed. CCHA is particularly seeking new Board Members who will bring senior leadership skills and strong commercial acumen. Whilst knowledge of the social housing sector is useful, this is not essential.
The time commitment for this position is between one and two days a month. Board meetings are held across CCHA’s three regional offices at Workington, Newcastle and Carlisle.
For further information about this role, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please contact a member of the Altair team:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Executive Search and Interim Management – mobile: 07806 602933, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Parr – mobile: 07766 563068, email: email@example.com
CCHA welcomes applications from residents, and the organisation’s currently-serving resident Board Member is happy to speak to any CCHA residents who might be interested in applying for the position. Please note that all applications will be considered on the basis of candidates’ skills and experience, in line with CCHA’s policy on the recruitment of Board Members.
How to apply
To apply for the Board Member position at Castles & Coasts Housing Association, please complete our online registration form and attach the following documentation (saving your documents with your last name, followed by your first name and a description of the file):
- A detailed CV including details of positions held (and dates) (please include achievements of relevance to a non-executive position and details of your highest qualifications (no more than three pages))
- A supporting statement explaining your motivation in applying for this position at CCHA and also addressing how you meet the requirements of PART ONE of the person specification (no more than three pages)
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed Declarations and Fit and Proper Persons Form
- Completed Recruitment Monitoring Form
Please note that we will only accept typed application documents.
The closing date for applications is: 10:00am on Friday 1 June 2018. The job reference code is: ALT211.
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files