Independent Operations Committee Members, County Durham Housing Group
£1,749 per annum
About County Durham Housing Group
County Durham Housing Group as parent in a group structure is responsible for its subsidiaries Dale & Valley Homes, Durham City Homes and East Durham Homes. The group is one of the largest housing associations in the north east of England. We take pride in putting tenants at the heart of what we do and making them part of our journey to provide better housing services, homes and communities. Part of this is knowing our landscape. County Durham Housing Group covers 862 square miles, from the very rural west, to the hustle and bustle of Durham city centre, and the magnificent coastline in the east. With our diverse setting, we place a great amount of emphasis on providing a local housing service to fit local housing needs.
About the roles
To help us to achieve our aims, in addition to the usual skills outlined in the skills matrix which are required to be an effective operations committee member, we are looking for candidates with skills in one or more of the below areas:
- Customer and community perspective: Experience of community led and social enterprise organisations, customer engagement and participation and community development.
- Service improvement: Understands service delivery, and service improvement and has experience of using data analytics or customer segmentation to understand CDHG’s customer. Ability to identify under-performing areas and provide challenge to proposed improvement strategies
- Adaptability: Is able to quickly and successfully respond to changing internal and external circumstances.
- Regulation: Understands the requirements of the current regulatory environment and their effect on the organisation.
How to apply
If you are interested in finding out more about the Independent Operations Committee member positions at County Durham Housing Group, please download and review the Recruitment Pack and the Terms of Reference for the Committee. If, having read the documents, you would like a confidential and informal discussion about the role , please contact:
- Andrew Traynor, Head of Business Assurance and Group Secretary – email: email@example.com
To apply for the roles, please complete our online Registration Form and attach the following documentation (saving your files with your surname first, then your first name, then a description of the file):
- A detailed CV including details of positions held and or relevant experience (and dates).
- A Supporting Statement explaining your motivation in applying for this position at County Durham Housing Group and also addressing how you meet the requirements of PART ONE of the person specification.
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- A completed Recruitment Monitoring Form
- A completed Declarations of Interests Form
- A completed Eligibility Checklist
- A completed Skills Matrix
The closing date for applications is: 12noon on Friday, 17 November 2017 and the job reference code is: ALT202.
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files
Please download: Recruitment Pack Please download: Recruitment Monitoring Form Please download: Declarations of Interest Form Please download: Eligibility Checklist Please download: Skills Matrix Please download: CDHG Operations Committee Terms of Reference