Non-Executive Board Members, Evolve Facility Services
National remit but head office is in Liverpool
£7,000 per annum, 9-10 days per year time commitment
Evolve Facility Services Ltd (Evolve) is a for-profit subsidiary of The Riverside Group Ltd (TRGL) and provides maintenance services for TRGL in England. It was created in 2010 from two existing businesses, OP Building Maintenance Services and JC Construction. The concept arose from the frustration of large PLCs dominating the marketplace and providing a service which the founders felt was becoming uncontrolled and offering a poor product within the sector. Since its acquisition, Evolve’s turnover has grown from £6.5m to around £43m and the organisation currently employs 438 members of staff. The business now provides cover for around 85% of Riverside’s stock on a wide range of activity including responsive repairs, planned maintenance, Retirement Living major upgrades and gas servicing.
About the role
Evolve currently has four directors on the Board and is seeking two additional non-executive directors to support the organisation’s growth and help shape the future success of the business. Experience of leading strategic business planning and building successful businesses in a commercial environment will be essential, as will the ability to provide strategic support and constructive challenge. Non-executive experience is not required, but experience of being a corporate board director in a medium-sized business would be an advantage, as would knowledge and experience of the housing sector.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for a Non-Executive Board Member role at Evolve, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please contact a member of the Altair team:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Interim Management and Executive Search – mob: 07806 602933 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Parr, Director – mob: 07766 563068 | email@example.com
To apply for the role, please complete our online registration form and attach the following documentation (saving your files with your surname, first name and a brief description of the file, e.g. “Smith John – Supporting Statement”):
- A detailed CV including details of positions held (and dates), size of budgets and teams managed and key achievements
- A supporting statement explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Evolve Facility Services Ltd and also addressing how you meet the requirements of Part One of the person specification
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees. Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed Recruitment Monitoring Form
The closing date for applications is: 9:00am Monday 18 September 2017 and the role reference code is: ALT186.
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files