Chief Executive, Gateway Housing Association
Up to £125k plus bonus
About Gateway Housing Association
Gateway Housing Association is a community-based and developing housing association working mainly in Tower Hamlets. We have about 3,000 homes, 432 units of supported housing, a turnover of £27.4m, operating margin of 28.2% and surplus of £10.2m, as well as an in-house repairs team and Gateway Living Limited – our subsidiary set up to carry out outright sale homes.
Thanks to the legacy of our current CEO, Sheron Carter, Gateway is at an exciting phase of our evolution. With a strong and stable financial base as well as high-quality services, we are now looking for a CEO who can help us to increase our growth and invest even more in our people, empowering them to deliver tangibly better services. We also want to create even stronger bonds and relationships with our customers, residents, partners (such as the London Borough of Tower Hamlets) and other stakeholders.
About the role
We are looking for senior housing professionals with a strong track record of collaborative leadership and successfully leading organisational change. Experience of leading business growth and financial management will also be important, as will the ability to work effectively with boards and senior teams.
Expertise in stakeholder relationship management is a pre-requisite as developing and maintaining strong working relationships with local authority officers and elected members is essential in this role. Last but not least, we need someone with the drive and ambition to take us from “great” to “excellent”.
How to apply
For further information about the Chief Executive role at Gateway Housing Association, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like a private and confidential discussion about the role, please contact:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Interim Management and Executive Search – mob: 07806 602933 | firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the Chief Executive position at Gateway Housing Association, please complete our online registration form and attach the following documentation (please save your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file):
- A detailed CV including details of positions held (and dates), size of budgets and teams managed, qualifications and key achievements but not exceeding 2,000 words
- A supporting statement explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Gateway and also addressing how you meet the requirements of PART ONE of the person specification, but not exceeding 2,000 words
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- A completed Recruitment Monitoring Form
The closing date for applications is 9am, Monday 6 November 2017. The job reference code is ALT195. Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files