Development Director, Genesis
Genesis: A new style provider for the Digital Age
Genesis owns or manages around 33,000 homes across London, the South East and East of England, and has a turnover of over £406m. We have a property portfolio with a market value of £7.27bn (£5.1bn in London). We provide a full range of housing options and services, from temporary housing to rented homes, homes for sale and supported housing. We own about 16,000 social / affordable rent homes; we have a large care and support division providing homes and services to 3,500 very vulnerable people; and we are the largest provider of temporary housing, working with local authorities to house homeless households. As one of the UK’s leading charitable housing associations, our mission is to provide housing for those who cannot access the ordinary private market. We aim to provide not just bricks and mortar but sustainable and thriving communities.
We have an ambitious growth and investment programme with plans to build nearly 10,000 houses and flats over the next ten years. With 1,500 units currently on site, we will double this next year and we will have invested in over 5,000 new homes in the next five years. We also have several major regeneration projects and a strategic Partnership with the GLA. In the meantime, we are actively buying more sites, adding to our land-bank worth £100m. Our sales program will increase, from 500 homes in each of the next two years, up to 1,000 homes per year within three years.
This is an exciting time to join Genesis as we roll out our new development programme. We have recently re-engineered our Assets and Investment team to create a more dynamic and commercial model and are now recruiting two additional leadership positions: Development Director and Commercial Director, both reporting to Jeremy Stibbe, Executive Director Assets and Investment.
The Development Director will help deliver the Group’s ambitions to build on its reputation as an innovative and high volume developer. The postholder will lead the Development team delivering high profile schemes and securing and creating new business opportunities. This includes land acquisitions, development partnerships and joint venture and estate regeneration.
We are looking for inspirational and innovative professionals who will seize the potential of this role with one of the largest developers of its type. You should have a track record in securing new business and the ability to lead a team that can deliver our aspiration across a range of different projects.
For more information, please download and review the briefing papers.
How to apply
Please complete our registration form and attach the following documentation (please save your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file):
- A detailed CV including details of positions held (and dates), size of budgets and teams managed and key achievements
- A supporting statement explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Genesis and also addressing how you meet the requirements of Part One of the person specification.
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed “Recruitment Monitoring Form” (a Word version is available on our website) and attached as reference at Appendix 1 of this recruitment pack
For an informal and confidential discussion about the position, please contact one of our retained advisors at Altair Ltd:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Interim Management and Executive Search at Altair Ltd on 07806 602 933 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Wood, Partner at Altair on 07810 152840 or email: email@example.com
- Kimberley Wallace, Consultant at Altair Ltd on 07585 954 218, office: 020 7934 0175 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is: Noon on Monday 27th February 2017. Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence. The job reference is ALT175.
Download the required files