Chief Executive, Grŵp Cynefin
Penygroes / Denbigh
£92,750 plus car allowance and other benefits
At Grŵp Cynefin we are proud of our Welsh heritage and strong social commitment to providing new housing solutions as well as wider social, economic and environmental benefits to the local areas we serve in beautiful north Wales and northern Powys.
Grŵp Cynefin is in its fourth year of operation following the successful merger of Cymdeithas Tai Clwyd and Cymdeithas Tai Eryri in 2014 with our mission being ‘to provide excellent homes and services, develop sustainable communities where people want to live’.
Grŵp Cynefin has a group turnover of £23.6 million, manages over 3,800 homes and has an interest in nearly 800 additional shared equity homes. We plan to build around 330 new social and intermediate rent homes over the next three years.
We run two Care and Repair agencies, are members of the Welsh Housing Partnership, and manage numerous local community projects including for people with mental health conditions, homelessness projects, vocational training for young people, domestic abuse services (our Gorwel brand) and support services for older people.
We pride ourselves in the fact that the Welsh Language is central in the way we work and we put communities, both rural and urban, at the heart of what we do. We value the contact we have with our tenants and their involvement and contribution to our activities.
Led by a strong board, and supported by an experienced and exceptional executive team, we are proud of the enthusiasm and hard work of our loyal board members, staff and partners, and the positive culture that makes Grŵp Cynefin a great place to work.
Our existing Chief Executive is retiring in Spring 2018. We are looking for an exceptional leader; outstanding communicator and Welsh speaker who can navigate the complexities of the social housing sector. Candidates should be ambitious and dynamic with a passion for social purpose. If you share our view of the world and have the skills and experience that will help us deliver our plans, then we would love to hear from you. What better time to join us and help us shape the future of Grŵp Cynefin.
How to apply
To apply for the role at Grŵp Cynefin, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please contact one of the individuals named below:
- Judy Wayne, Director at Altair Ltd on 07880 606067 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kimberley Wallace, Consultant at Altair Ltd on 07585 954 218 or via email@example.com
Please complete our online registration form and attach the following documentation (saving your files with your surname, first name and a brief description of the file, e.g. “Smith John – Supporting Statement”):
- An up to date detailed CV including details of positions held (and dates), size of budgets and teams managed and key achievements (maximum 3 sides of A4)
- A supporting statement explaining your motivation in applying for the position and also addressing how you meet the experience, knowledge and qualification requirements of the person specification (maximum 2 sides of A4).
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed Recruitment Monitoring Form
The closing date for applications is 10:00am, Monday 11th September 2017. The job reference code is: ALT190.
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files