Chair, Homes for Haringey
£10,000 per annum
About Homes for Haringey
Homes for Haringey is Haringey’s housing company, set up in April 2006 to manage Haringey’s council housing. It manages around 16,000 tenanted and 5,000 leasehold properties. It also provides services to respond to demand for housing in the borough and helps tackle homelessness through preventative action and the provision of temporary accommodation. This is an exciting time for the organisation as it has a 10 year contract, taking it up to 2026, which offers it great opportunities to make a positive impact on the lives of people in Haringey.
Whilst Homes for Haringey has achieved many of its ambitions on its journey so far, the organisation recognises both the challenges it faces and also the enormous potential for growth and regeneration opportunities in the borough, and for how it can improve the quality of life for Haringey’s residents.
About the role
The main purpose of the Chair role is to provide leadership to the Board and the organisation, ensuring that it has clear strategic direction and that it delivers its aims and objectives in an effective, transparent and accountable manner. The Chair is responsible for building a strong and well balanced Board and for ensuring that it performs effectively.
You’ll be an experienced senior leader with previous non-executive experience and a thorough understanding of governance within a regulated public environment. You will also need highly developed political acumen, outstanding communication skills, sound financial skills and commercial ability.
For a confidential and informal discussion about the role, please contact:
- Chris Wood, Partner, mobile: 07932 693292 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Interim Management and Executive Search, mobile: 07806 602933 | email: email@example.com
How to apply
If you are interested in this role, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like to submit a formal application, please complete our registration form and attach the following documentation (please save your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file):
- A detailed CV including details of positions held (and dates) highlighting key achievements and your contact details
- A supporting statement explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Homes for Haringey and also addressing how you meet the requirements of the person specification
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- A completed Recruitment Monitoring Form
The closing date for applications is 9am, Monday 8th May. The job reference code is ALT180.
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with the strictest confidence.
Download the required files