Board Members - Irvine Housing Association
Ayrshire, KA12 0LP
Associated expenses paid
About Irvine Housing Association
Irvine Housing Association is a provider of quality homes and services in South West Scotland. With 2,200 properties and a turnover of £10m, we work in three local authority areas and employ about 60 people. As well as providing properties for rent and shared ownership, we also support our customers with employment, financial and affordable warmth advice. Irvine is a subsidiary of Riverside Group – one of the leading social housing and regeneration organisations in the UK.
As an organisation, we are entrepreneurial and ambitious; and, more importantly, we have the capacity to realise this ambition and entrepreneurial spirit. Our position as a subsidiary of The Riverside Group also places us in a unique position, particularly for our Board Members, who have the opportunity to be involved with a national organisation and attend Group strategy days and conferences. Irvine also enjoys an excellent, inclusive company culture, with a high level of employee engagement, contributing to our achievement of the #2 spot in the Sunday Times Best Employers list.
About the role
We have four vacancies on the Board. In addition to the usual skills required to be an effective board member, we are looking for candidates with commercial acumen and the following expertise:
- Audit and risk OR
- General finance (including treasury management) OR
- Housing development and construction
How to apply
If you are interested in finding out more about the Board Member positions at Irvine Housing Association, please download and review the recruitment pack . If, having read the recruitment pack, you would like a confidential and informal discussion about the role or recruitment process, please contact:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Interim Management and Executive Search – mobile: 07806 602933 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the role, please complete our online registration form and attach the following documentation (saving your files with your surname first, then your first name, then a description of the file):
- A detailed CV including details of positions held (and dates) (please include size of budgets and teams managed and key achievements of relevance to a non-executive position)
- A supporting statement explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Irvine Housing Association and also addressing how you meet the requirements of Part One of the person specification.
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees. Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed Recruitment Monitoring Form
The closing date for applications is: 10:00am Monday 5th June 2017 and the role reference code is: ALT183.
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files