Board Member, Lincolnshire Housing Partnership
Meetings are held in Boston and Grimsby
£5,000 per annum (up to two days per month)
About Lincolnshire Housing Partnership
Lincolnshire Housing Partnership is a new organisation, which was formed as a result of the merger of Boston Mayflower and Shoreline Housing Partnership in April 2018. We are in early stages of continuing service provision whilst planning and delivering an integration plan to become a true single entity from the two merged legacy bodies. This will include ensuring both governance and operational delivery matters, business planning, financial internal controls and development of the risk and assurance framework for LHP.
With around 12,700 homes, over 26,000 customers and 350 employees, Lincolnshire Housing Partnership has a combined turnover of £52m per annum and is a substantial regional housing organisation, strongly connected with its communities and key stakeholders. We are a partner of choice and an influencer of policy within Lincolnshire as well as an employer of choice and contributor to the health of the regional economy.
Operating in four principal areas – Boston, Grimsby, Cleethorpes and Immingham – we are committed to listening to tenants and customers in our local communities, ensuring that they are at the heart of the business. We are also determined to deliver accessible, easy to use, right first time, locally based services as well as added value services such as affordable warmth, training schemes and employment initiatives. We are strongly committed to our workforce, supporting and encouraging them to develop and learn; and working with our partners such as both local and county councils and the LEPs.
About the role
We are looking for a qualified finance-related professional to join our Board and become a member of our Audit and Risk Committee. Candidates must have experience of being part of a Board or working with a Board (not necessarily at non-executive level) in an organisation of a similar scale and complexity to LHP, whether in the commercial, public or third sectors. Direct or indirect knowledge and understanding of the housing sector and the regulatory framework within which it operates is essential as is experience of working effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, including customers, partners, and commissioners.
For further information about this opportunity, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about the role or organisation, please contact a member of the Altair team:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Executive Search and Interim Management on 07806 602933 or email@example.com
How to apply
To apply for this role please complete our online registration form, complete our online registration form and attach the following documentation (saving your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file):
- A detailed CV (no more than 2,000 words) including details of positions held (and dates), size of budgets and teams managed, and key achievements, as well as qualifications.
- A supporting statement (no more than 2,000 words) outlining your motivation for applying for the role and evidencing your suitability against PART ONE of the Person Specification
- Full contact details (including name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for three referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note that we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed Equality and Recruitment Advertising Monitoring Form (attached at Appendix 2; a Word version is available on our website at the above link)
The deadline for applications is 9:00am Monday 8 October 2018 and the job reference code is ALT230. Your application will be treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files