Local Space, Chair
£10,000pa plus expenses
About Local Space
Local Space is dedicated to delivering affordable and quality social housing in East London and the surrounding area. Established in 2006, we own over 1800 homes of which 400 are directly managed, with the remainder managed day to day by companies working for the London Borough of Newham.
Our partnership model and willingness to collaborate demonstrates our innovative approach to providing accommodation for those in greatest need in a challenging economic world and by 2020, our ambitious growth trajectory will see us provide 800+ more homes from a mix of new build development and off the shelf purchases.
We are now seeking a Chair to build on our ambitions and achievements, balance our social and commercial objectives, and demonstrate the courage and commitment to navigate confidently through new territories for Local Space.
About the role
Our new Chair will have strong strategic leadership and partnering skills with the ability to analyse complex information and influence effectively at all levels. Your experience in a non-executive capacity will underpin your understanding of the challenges of growth and change within a regulated environment.
A portfolio of high-level governance, commercial and financial skills will be supported by an engaging personal style that facilitates effective collaboration with stakeholders and supports you in your role as an ambassador for Local Space.
A working knowledge or interest in the social housing sector and its current challenges is also highly desirable.
This is an opportunity to join a financially strong organisation that is committed to remaining ahead of the curve, changing and adapting to meet and exceed resident expectations.
For further information, please download and review the briefing papers. If, having read the papers, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about this position, please contact a member of the Altair team:
- For information regarding the role, please contact Hilary Channing – mobile: 07718 627740 | email: email@example.com
- For information regarding the recruitment process, please contact Toby Lebeter – office: 020 7934 0175 | mobile: 07833 227379 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our registration form and attach the following documentation:
- An up-to-date, detailed CV including details of positions held (and dates), size of budgets and teams managed, and key achievements (maximum 3 sides of A4)
- A supporting statement explaining your motivation in applying for the Chair post at Local space and also addressing how you meet the requirements of PART ONE of the Person Specification (maximum 2 sides of A4). You should provide evidence in your statement with examples and dimensions that tell us what your work achieved and how it helped meet your organisation’s goals.
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note that we will not take up references without your prior permission.
- A completed recruitment monitoring form.
- A completed Declaration of Interests form.
- A completed Information Sheet.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Tuesday 31st January. The reference for this role is ALT173.
Download the required files