Independent Board Members
£4,000 per annum
About Local Space
Formed in 2006, Local Space is a dynamic, innovative organisation owning over 1,900 homes primarily in the London Borough of Newham. The organisation is ambitious, with a commitment to delivering 900 new homes by 2020, primarily for the residents of Newham. Local Space is passionate about the services it offers and seeks to continually challenge the status quo to find new ways of delivering support and innovative service offers to tenants and those who live in its communities.
About the role
Local Space is looking to appoint up to three new Board Members to both replace and bring additional capacity and knowledge to the Board. Specifically, Local Space is looking for strategic thinkers with experience and expertise in development, finance or housing/asset management. Leadership, strategic development and risk management abilities will be essential, as will an understanding of internal controls frameworks and of the ambassadorial role of Board Members.
How to apply
To apply for a Board member position at Local Space, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please contact one of the individuals named below:
- For discussions relating to the positions available for finance or housing/asset management specialists: Sarah Palmer, Head of Interim Management and Executive Search – 07806 602933 | email@example.com
- For discussions relating to the positions available for development specialists, please visit the website of Potensis, with whom we are working in partnership for this element of the recruitment
Development specialists interested in applying for a position should apply here through Potensis’ website. For all other applicants, please complete our online registration form and attach the following documentation (saving your files with your surname, first name and a brief description of the file, e.g. “Smith John – Supporting Statement”):
- An up to date detailed CV including details of positions held (and dates), size of budgets and teams managed and key achievements (maximum 3 sides of A4)
- A supporting statement explaining your motivation in applying for the Board Member position at Local Space and also addressing how you meet the skills requirements of the role (maximum 2 sides of A4). You should evidence your skills and knowledge with specific examples of achievements in past or current positions, where appropriate.
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed Recruitment Monitoring Form
- Completed Declaration of Interests Form
- Completed Information Sheet
The closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 7 August 2017. The job reference code is: ALT191.
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files