Director of Finance & Company Secretary, Manningham Housing Association
£72,000, car allowance £6,000
Are you an inspiring and experienced finance leader with commercial acumen, excellent financial management skills and a commitment to social housing values?
Manningham Housing Association (MHA) is looking for a new Director of Finance and Company Secretary to work as part of the executive team to help shape MHA and ensure its future success. MHA is a specialist BME social housing association with over 1,400 homes in Bradford and Keighley.
As Director of Finance and Company Secretary you will lead, motivate, develop and inspire the Finance Team in the effective delivery of high quality services within a customer focused environment. You will ensure our organisation’s sound financial performance through the provision of high quality accountancy, budget control and treasury management.
The successful candidate will be a proactive and customer focused senior finance professional who is able to demonstrate significant post-qualification experience, ideally within the social housing sector. An outstanding leader with excellent communication skills, you should also be able to demonstrate commercial thinking and first class financial management skills whilst showing commitment to our social ethos.
For more information, please download and review the briefing papers.
How to apply
To apply for the Director of Finance and Company Secretary position at MHA, please complete our registration form and attach the following documentation (please save your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file e.g. CV or supporting statement):
- A detailed CV (no more than 3 sides of A4) including details of positions held (and dates), size of budgets, teams managed and key achievements
- A supporting statement (no more than 3 sides of A4) explaining your motivation in applying for the Director of Finance and Company Secretary position at MHA and also addressing the first three sections of the person specification (summarising how you feel that your experience and skills make you a suitable candidate). Please give examples of specific achievements in the last five years which demonstrate your competence for this role.
- Please provide full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) the names and full contact details for three referees. References must include at least two positions with separate employers and, as a minimum, cover a period of three years employment and/or training history, where this is possible. Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed Recruitment Monitoring Form (a Word version is available on our website) and attached as reference at Appendix 1 of this recruitment pack
If, after having read the briefing papers, you would like a confidential and informal discussion of the role, please contact a member of the Altair team:
- Anna Hammond, Director on: 07909 445 616 (mobile), 020 7934 0175 (office) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kimberley Wallace, HR Consultant – office: 020 7934 0175 | mobile: 07585 954 218 | email: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is: 9:00am on Monday 6th February 2017 and the job reference code is: ALT170.
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files
Please download: Balance Sheet Please download: Colleague Expectations Please download: Leader Expectations Please download: Director of Finance and Company Secretary - Briefing Papers Please download: Recruitment monitoring form