Board Members and Co-opted Committee Member (Audit & Risk), Muir Group
£4,874 plus expenses (Board Member), £1,500 per annum plus expenses (Group Audit & Risk Committee Member)
About Muir Group
Muir Group was established in 1968 and formally registered as a housing association with the Housing Corporation (now the Regulator of Social Housing), the Registry of Friendly Societies and the National Housing Federation in 1976.
We own and manage more than 5,500 homes across the country and provide a diverse range of housing solutions and associated services to meet the needs of existing and potential customers.
We now operate in over 32 local authority areas and have an active development programme with plans to deliver 150 homes a year. We are financially sound and our turnover in 2018 was £30.3m. We have offices in Chester, Blackpool, Burnley and Huntingdon and employ 158 dedicated people. Our business includes a wholly-owned maintenance subsidiary, Muir Property Solutions Ltd, which is based in Warrington. Further information about Muir Group can be found on the association’s website at www.muirgroup.co.uk
About the role
We are looking to appoint two non-executive Board Members and a Co-opted Committee Member for our Audit and Risk Committee. It is an interesting time to join the Board as we have recently refreshed our corporate strategy and are increasing our development capacity. We are also transforming our services, increasing the use of digital technology, and building on our business assurance. We have recently established a new national residents’ group.
We are looking for dynamic individuals who are interested in helping to lead and govern Muir Group and work with us to deliver successful outcomes for our customers, staff and other stakeholders.
The skills and competencies that we are looking for are set out in detail within the recruitment pack, however, we are specifically seeking applications from people with expertise in one of the following areas:
- New homes development – for example: mixed tenure residential development; related finance expertise; land acquisition; physical regeneration; contract negotiation, management and monitoring; strategic procurement
- Community development, for example: community engagement, community partnerships and relationships, social investment, or Community transformation
- Finance, audit and treasury (for the co-optee role)
For further information, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact a member of the Altair team:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Executive Search and Interim Management – 07806 602933, firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Sarah Parr, Principal Consultant – 07766 563068, email@example.com
How to apply
To apply for a non-executive position at Muir Group, please complete our online registration form and attach he following docuenation (please save your documents with you surname first, followed by your first name and description of the file):
- A detailed CV of no more than 2,000 words, including details of positions held and dates (including achievements of relevant to a non-executive position)
- A supporting statement of no more than 2,000 words, explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Muir and addressing how you meet the competencies outlined in PART ONE the Person Specification
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note that we will not take up references without your prior permission
- A completed Recruitment Monitoring Form
The closing date for applications is 9:00am, Wednesday 19 September 2018.
- The job reference code for the Board Member positions are ALT226
- The job reference code for the Co-optee (Audit and Risk Committee) position is ALT228
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files