Chair, PA Housing
Surrey, Leicester, London
£20,000 per annum plus expenses
About PA Housing
Paragon Asra Housing (PA housing) was formed through the statutory amalgamation of Paragon Community Housing, Asra Housing Association and Leicester Housing Association in April 2017. The organisation provides housing across the Midlands, London and the South East, offering a range of housing solutions from affordable rent and independent living to shared ownership for those in need. The new organisation has a combined experience of over 40 years of social housing provision, and PA housing now manages approximately 24,000 homes across 14 counties and 25 London boroughs.
PA Housing’s Purpose is “passionate about delivering more affordable homes and great services” and its Vision is “become widely recognised as a social enterprise with a reputation for providing quality homes and services within the next 5 years.” This is supported by the organisation’s Values of:
- Always do the right thing
- There when you need us
- We never give up
About the role
The Chair of PA Housing will provide strategic leadership to the Board, and support and guide the Chief Executive in delivering the vision and values of the organisation. The post-holder will focus on strategy, effective governance and development of the Board, ensuring long-term viability and sustainability of the organisation.
Experience of governance as a Board Member in an organisation of a similar scale is essential (preferably within the social housing field), as is a proven ability of operating effectively in a strategic role within a substantial and complex organisation. A track record of leading and motivating senior teams to deliver a strategic vision will also be important, as will experience of successful work in political environments where the effective handling of high-profile and sensitive issues was achieved.
The time commitment of the role will be approximately 30 days per annum (including work outside of Board meetings). In addition to chairing the Board, the Chair is expected to sit on the Governance and Remuneration Committee and at least one other committee dependent on relevant experience.
For further information about the role, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having reviewed the pack, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please contact Sarah Palmer, Head of Executive Search and Interim Management at Altair – mobile: 07806 602933 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
To apply for the Chair role at PA Housing, please complete our online registration form and attach the following documentation (please save your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file):
- A detailed CV including details of positions held (and dates), size of budgets and teams managed and key achievements, as well as your qualifications
- A supporting statement explaining your motivation in applying for this position at PA Housing and also addressing PART ONE of the person specification (summarising how you feel that your knowledge and experience make you a suitable candidate). Please give examples of specific achievements in the last five years which demonstrate your competence for this role
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for three referees. Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed Recruitment Monitoring Form
- Completed Declaration of Interests Form
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence. The closing date for applications is: 10:00am on Monday 30 April 2018 and the job reference code is: ALT209.
Download the required files