Group Board Member (Finance Lead) and Chair of Treasury Committee & Riverside Foundation, The Riverside Group
National remit but head office is in Liverpool
£12,500 per annum
About The Riverside Group
The Riverside Group (“Riverside”) owns around 55,000 properties across England and Scotland, making it one of the country’s largest housing associations. Riverside is also committed to delivering care and support services all around the country and investing in the building of 20,000 new homes over the next 10 years. We are recognised sector leaders with regards to the quality of our governance and oversight alongside our financial strength.
About the role
One of our current board members and Chair of our Treasury Committee is due to retire in early 2019 and therefore we are looking for a new Group Board Member who will Chair the Treasury Committee. We would also like this Board Member to chair the board of the Riverside Foundation, which supports a diverse range of projects aimed at promoting community action and cohesion and breaking the cycle of poverty in our neighbourhoods.
We are looking for candidates with proven ability of operating effectively in a strategic role as well as significant experience of leading finance/treasury in an organisation of similar size and complexity to Riverside.
Housing sector experience isn’t essential, but candidates must evidence an interest in how a housing association operates and the key funding issues affecting the sector. They must also be prepared to commit to training and development in order to ensure that they have a good understanding of the sectors in which we operate. The ability to provide support and challenge to the executive team is a pre-requisite.
For further information about this opportunity, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about the role or organisation, please contact a member of the Altair team:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Executive Search and Interim Management on 07806 602933 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Parr, Principal Consultant on 07766 563 068 or email@example.com
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online registration form and attach the following documentation (please save your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file):
- A detailed CV (no more than 2,000 words) including details of positions held (and dates) and key achievements
- A supporting statement (no more than 2,000 words) explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Riverside Group and also addressing how you meet the requirements of Part One of the person specification.
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees. Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed Recruitment Monitoring Form
The closing date for applications is: 10:00am Monday 8 October 2018 and the role reference code is: ALT229. Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files