Board Members, Shepherds Bush Housing Group
£4,000 plus reasonable expenses
About Shepherds Bush Housing Group
Shepherds Bush Housing Association (SBHA) was established in Shepherds Bush in the 1960s, following the campaigning inspired by Cathy Come Home (1966). The organisation has now grown into Shepherds Bush Housing Group (SBHG) and manages approximately 5,000 homes, primarily in the London Boroughs of Hammersmith & Fulham, Kensington & Chelsea, and Hounslow. The Group comprises:
- Shepherds Bush Housing Association – a charitable registered social landlord
- Staying First – a charity supporting individuals to stay in their homes, wholly controlled by SBHA
- SBH Developments – a subsidiary of SBHA used for private and commercial property sale development; it is currently inactive
SBHG’s mission is social heart, business head, local impact:
- Social heart: “Our way of working builds and strengthens communities”
- Business head: “Our way of working means we make a lasting return on investment”
- Local impact: “Our way of working responds to what’s needed locally”
This mission is supported by the organisation’s values: Accountable, Innovative, Caring, Community Focused.
About the role
Due to upcoming retirements, SBHG is looking to appoint two new Board Members to ensure that SBHG is governed economically, efficiently, effectively and complies with the requirements of legislation, the Regulator of Social Housing and best practice.
The Group is looking for individuals with experience of managing a multi-disciplinary customer-focused service, or of leading and delivering large scale and complex digital and culture-based transformation programmes. Current or previous non-executive experience is essential, but applications from those with non-housing backgrounds are welcomed.
For further information about this role, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please contact a member of the Altair team:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Executive Search and Interim Management: 07806 602933, firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply for a Board Member role at Shepherds Bush Housing Group, please complete our online registration form and attach the following documentation (saving your documents with your surname first, followed by your first name and a brief description of the file):
- A detailed CV of no more than three pages, including details of positions held and dates (including achievements of relevance to a non-executive position)
- A supporting statement of no more than two pages, explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Shepherds Bush Housing Group and addressing how you meet the knowledge and experience requirements outlined in PART ONE of the Person Specification
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note that we will not take up references without your prior permission
- A completed Recruitment Monitoring Form
The closing date for applications is 9:00am, Monday 13th August 2018. The job reference code is ALT217.
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files