Co-optees, Suffolk Housing Society
Bury St. Edmunds
£3,000 per annum
About Suffolk Housing Society
Suffolk Housing (Suffolk) is a traditional Housing Association which originated in 1974 and is based in Bury St Edmunds. The organisation has a commercial subsidiary; Linnet Homes, which is a private lettings and residential agency. It also has a quarter share in Iceni Homes Ltd; a development company which undertakes housing development for Suffolk Housing, Hundred Houses and Colne Housing.
Suffolk is a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefits Act 2014, with exempt charitable status. The organisation has approximately 2,800 mainly general needs homes across East Anglia.
Suffolk most recently reviewed its corporate plan in Summer 2016. The plan is based on a framework of the vision, mission and values set out below.
- Vision: “To improve lives and opportunities by being a great landlord and employer”
- Mission: “To provide great places for people to live”
- Values: “To work with integrity and efficiency, to value our relationships, to be innovative and creative, to be approachable”
About the roles
Following an IDA, Suffolk Housing Society is seeking three co-optees to join its Board and committees. We are looking for people with the following knowledge and experience:
- Housing sector finance knowledge, particularly in relation to risk and business plan stress testing
- Governance and regulation
- Property and Compliance – specifically knowledge and experience of housing association maintenance services
These positions will be for one year and will be remunerated at £3,000 pa. In addition, Board Members may charge reasonable out-of-pocket and travel expenses in line with Suffolk Housing policy. The Board meets on Wednesday evenings at 5.15 pm. Meetings are held at Coppice House, 5 Greenwood Court, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP32 7GY.
For further information about this opportunity, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about the roles, please contact:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Interim Management and Executive Search – mobile: 07806 602933 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply for the Co-optee position at Suffolk Housing Society, please complete our online registration form and attach the following documentation (saving your files with your surname first, then your first name, followed by a brief description of the file):
- A detailed CV including details of positions held (and dates), size of budgets and teams managed and key achievements, as well as qualifications
- A short supporting statement explaining your motivation in applying to be a co-optee at Suffolk Housing Society
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for three referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence. The closing date is: 9am Monday 5th February 2018. The job reference is ALT205.
Download the required files