Executive Director of Operations, Saffron Housing Trust
£91,500 plus 10% car allowance, discretionary PRB to a maximum of 15% and other generous terms and conditions (including LGPS Pension Scheme)
About Saffron Housing Trust
Saffron Housing Trust Limited employs 200 people, operates in four counties within the Eastern Region, manages assets worth £140m and delivers housing services to residents of over 6,000 homes. As a leading developer of new affordable homes in East Anglia, the organisation has ambitious plans to increase their housing stock to 6,500 over the next three years.
In recent months, Saffron has refreshed its Board and Executive Team and is developing new objectives for the next three years to transform the Trust and secure its position as one of East Anglia’s leading providers of housing to those who need it.
Saffron’s vision is: To provide homes in communities of which we are proud.
In June, Saffron’s Board agreed strategic themes for the next three years as:
- People and capacity
- Money and resources
- Customers and services
- Governance and regulation
About the role
The purpose of the Executive Director of Operations role is to advise the Executive and Board on all operational areas, paying particular attention to customer service, and gain Board agreement for implementing change to improve service. The post-holder will also be the organisational lead for the strategy and delivery of all housing operations. Experience of operating at a senior level in an Operations function in a comparably-sized business will be essential, as will a good grasp of the challenges facing the social housing sector and experience of developing and managing a strong customer service culture. Experience of direct management of wider portfolio responsibilities (e.g. business improvement, and project management) is desirable.
For further information about this role, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like a confidential and informal conversation about the role or Saffron HT, please contact a member of the Altair team:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Executive Search and Interim Management – 07806 602933, firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply for the Executive Director of Operations role, please complete our online registration form and attach the following documentation (please save your documents with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file):
- A detailed CV of no more than three pages, including details of positions held and dates
- A supporting statement of no more than two pages, explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Saffron and evidencing your suitability against Part One of the Person Specification
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note that we will not take up references without your prior permission
- A completed Recruitment Monitoring Form
The closing date for applications is 9:00am, 3rd September 2018, and the job reference code is ALT221.
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files