Board Members, Swan Housing Association
£10,000 per annum
About Swan Housing Association
Swan Housing Association was first formed in 1994. Swan is now a group of companies working together for the benefit of the communities it serves. The Group owns and manages over 11,000 homes, has 350 staff and delivers a wide range of services across East London and Essex.
Swan has a long history of bringing about regeneration and is working with partners including the Greater London Authority and the Homes and Communities Agency on a number of key projects including projects with London Borough of Tower Hamlets; London Borough of Barking and Dagenham, Basildon Borough Council and the London Borough of Redbridge. Swan believes that its regeneration activities we can develop sustainable communities and deliver our social purpose.
About the roles
This is an exciting time to join Swan. The Group’s Board has recently approved an ambitious Corporate Strategy (2017 – 22) with partnership working at its core: “Together we can deliver more”. We aim to increase our turnover to at least £200m and generate 60% of that turnover through our commercial activities to reinvest in services and affordable housing.
To help us deliver our new strategy we now wish to recruit two new board members to join the main board. These new board members must have commercial/business expertise – e.g. experience of leading strategic business planning and building successful businesses in a commercial environment – as well as expertise in development, construction and/or regeneration.
How to apply
For further information about the Board Member roles at Swan Housing Association, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like a private and confidential discussion about the role, please contact:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Interim Management and Executive Search – mob: 07806 602933 | firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for a Board Member position at Swan Housing Association, please complete our online registration form and attach the following documentation (please save your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file):
- A detailed CV including details of positions held (and dates) (please include size of budgets and teams managed and key achievements of relevance to a non-executive position)
- A supporting statement explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Swan and also addressing how you meet the requirements of PART ONE of the person specification.
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed Recruitment Monitoring Form (a Word version is available on our website and attached as reference at Appendix 1 of this recruitment pack)
The closing date for applications is: 10:00am on Monday 9 October 2017 and the job reference code is: ALT188.
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files