Board Members, Swan Housing Association
£10,000 per annum (subject to imminent review)
Swan Housing Association was formed in 1994 and is now a group of companies working together for the benefit of the communities it serves. The Group owns and manages over 11,000 homes, has 400 staff and delivers a wide range of services across East London and Essex.
Swan has a long history of bringing about regeneration and is working with partners including the Greater London Authority and Homes England on a number of key projects including projects with London Borough of Tower Hamlets; London Borough of Barking and Dagenham, Basildon Borough Council and the London Borough of Redbridge.
The Group has been recognised as one of the Top 100 Not for Profit companies to work for in the UK by the Sunday Times, has recently achieved its Investors in People Gold (IIP) accreditation and retained its SHIFT Gold and Customer Services Excellence accreditations.
About the role
Swan is currently seeking two new Board Members. Swan’s Board Members are expected to set and ensure compliance with the values, vision, mission and strategic objectives of the organisation, ensuring its long-term success. The post-holders will also need to work in conjunction with the rest of the Board to satisfy themselves on the integrity of financial information; establish, oversee and review a framework of delegation and systems of internal control; and establish and oversee a risk management framework to safeguard the assets of the organisation.
Senior leadership experience of, or exposure to relevant areas of Swan’s business and service delivery model will be valuable, as will experience of providing strategic direction (or capacity to develop this ability) and commercial / business expertise. For these roles, Swan is specifically seeking those with expertise in finance or digital transformation.
For further information about the roles, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having reviewed the pack, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please contact a member of the Altair team:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Executive Search and Interim Management – mobile: 07806 602933 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fiona Underwood, Co-Chief Executive – mobile: 07788 643092 | email: email@example.com
How to apply
To apply for the Board Member position at Swan, please complete our online registration form and attach the following documentation (saving your documents with your surname first, followed by your first name, then a description of the document):
- A detailed CV including details of positions held (and dates) (please include size of budgets and teams managed and key achievements of relevance to a non-executive position (no more than four pages)
- A supporting statement explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Swan and also addressing how you meet the requirements of PART ONE of the person specification (no more than four pages)
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- A completed Recruitment Monitoring Form
The closing date for applications is: 10:00am on Tuesday 8 May 2018. The job reference codes are below:
- Group Board member – Finance: ALT168
- Group Board member – Digital Transformation: ALT210
Download the required files