Board Member; Independent Audit Committee Member, Teign Housing
Newton Abbot, Devon
Board Member: £3,088 per annum (pay review pending); Independent Audit Committee Member: £1,749 per annum
About Teign Housing
Teign Housing manages over 3,600 homes across South Devon, from Dartmoor National Park to the urban centres of Newton Abbot, Teignmouth and Dawlish. The organisation employs over 80 members of staff and is a registered charity governed by a Board of Management. Teign is dedicated to providing high quality customer services and making the local area a better place to live by creating sustainable communities and working in partnership.
Teign is an active developer, with schemes started since 2016 delivering 22 shared ownership and 66 rented properties. The organisation also has a number of properties in the pipeline for outright sale, including a PassivHaus scheme believed to be the first in the country in a National Park. In early 2018 Teign was awarded Investors In People Platinum status, one of only 5 housing associations in the country to achieve this highest grading.
About the roles
Due to a forthcoming retirement, Teign is now seeking a Board Member who can provide support and challenge to enable Teign to make the tough decisions that will help the organisation to continue providing good quality homes and services for the local community in an ever-changing operating environment. Recruiting an excellent, well rounded Board Member is a priority for this role. Expertise in buildings compliance, employer health and safety or finance would be particularly welcome but is not essential.
In addition, Teign is seeking an Independent Audit Committee Member, a new role which has been created to reflect changes to the Audit Committee, to strengthen the constructive challenge provided to the Board and senior staff. Teign is keen to hear from candidates with experience of risk management and internal controls assurance.
For both roles Teign is seeking candidates with management experience, strategic leadership and vision, as well a passion for the sector and a commitment to Teign Housing. Preferably, candidates will have previous experience of non-executive Board level work and some understanding of the social housing sector.
For further information about these roles, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like a confidential and informal discussion about Teign or the roles, please contact a member of the Altair team:
- For questions about the role or organisation, please contact Sarah Palmer, Head of Executive Search and Interim Management – mobile: 07806 602933 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about the application process, please contact Toby Lebeter, Project Co-ordinator – office: 020 7934 0175 | mobile: 07833 227379 | email: email@example.com
How to apply
To apply for either of these roles, please complete our online registration form and attach the following documentation (saving your documents with your surname first, followed by your first name, then a description of the document):
- A detailed CV including details of positions held (and dates), size of budgets and teams managed and key achievements, as well as your qualifications
- A supporting statement noting which position you are applying for and explaining your motivation as well as addressing PART ONE of the person specification (summarising how you feel that your knowledge and experience make you a suitable candidate). Please give examples of specific achievements in the last five years which demonstrate your competence for this role
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for three referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed Recruitment Monitoring Form
- Completed Declaration of Interests Form
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence. The closing date is: 9am Monday 26 February 2018 and the job reference code is: ALT203
Download the required files