Director of Governance and Legal Services, The Guinness Partnership Ltd
£95,000 plus benefits
The Guinness Partnership has been providing services and homes to our customers for over 125 years. We’re proud of our heritage and incredibly excited about our future.
We own and manage more than 60,000 homes, of which 40,000 are maintained by our growing in-house repairs company, Guinness Property. And we deliver around 12,000 care hours each week to people in their own homes.
Our vision is very simple. We want Guinness to be an organisation that delivers amazing customer service, is a brilliant place to work, and is strong, stable and resilient financially so we can keep building new homes. We also want Guinness to be an organisation that has impact and influence where we work. Most importantly we want this to be an organisation that our customers and employees feel proud to be part of.
We’re in a strong position to meet today’s challenges, and we have developed a strategy to ensure that we make the most of future opportunities – our new Director of Governance & Legal Services will have a key role to play in making sure we deliver our Strategy.
We’re looking for applications from exceptional senior governance professionals who really understand our sector. It’s likely – but not a requirement – that you’ll already be working in the sector. What’s most important to us is that you have the necessary gravitas and skills that this senior role needs. But you’ll also be someone who shares our values, and believes we can be amazing.
We believe this to be one of the most exciting opportunities of its kind in the market.
For more information, please download and review the briefing papers.
How to apply
To apply for the Director of Governance and Legal Services at Guinness, please complete our registration form and attach the following documentation (please save your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file e.g. CV or supporting statement):
- A detailed CV (no more than 3 sides of A4) including details of positions held (and dates), size of budgets, teams managed and key achievements
- A supporting statement (no more than 3 sides of A4) explaining your motivation in applying for the Director of Governance and Legal Services position at The Guinness Partnership and also addressing the person specification (summarising how you feel that your Skills/Experience make you a suitable candidate). Please give examples of specific achievements in the last five years which demonstrate your competence for this role.
- Please provide full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) the names and full contact details for three referees. References must include at least two positions with separate employers and, as a minimum, cover a period of three years employment and/or training history, where this is possible. Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed Recruitment Monitoring Form (a Word version is available on our website) and attached as reference at Appendix 1 of this recruitment pack
If, after having read the briefing papers, you would like a confidential and informal discussion of the role, please contact a member of the Altair team:
- Anna Hammond, Director on: 07909 445 616 (mobile), 020 7934 0175 (office) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is: 9:00am on Friday 3rd February 2017 and the job reference code is: ALT174.
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files