Chair of Risk and Audit, Thrive Homes
Watford (but moving to Hemel Hempstead later this year)
£4,196 per annum (subject to review in February 2018)
About Thrive Homes
Thrive Homes is a housing association formed in 2008, which owns and manages around 4,600 rented and leasehold properties in Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire. It has a turnover of £25.2m. Thrive has an ambitious growth agenda with around 360 homes for rent and shared ownership in development.
Thrive has strong foundations, with an A+ credit rating by S&P and a regulatory rating of G1/V2 from the Social Housing Regulator. The organisation raised £70 million through a listed sterling bond issue in 2014 and have subsequently raised an additional £55 million and will be seeking additional funding in 2018. Thrive has yet to have an IDA by the Social Housing Regulator; this is anticipated to occur within the next 12-24 months.
About the role
The Chair of Risk and Audit will be responsible for ensuring that the Risk & Audit Committee operates effectively, ensuring that Thrive Homes is aware of, and manages as far as possible, is its risk exposures. The post-holder will also be responsible for overseeing the delivery of the Board Strategy Framework in respect of risk management, assurance and internal control, and health and safety.
A track record in providing effective leadership and people management (including support and challenge to senior executives) will be essential, as will a track record of performing clear analysis of risk issues and applying sound commercial judgement. Previous non-executive experience is not essential, but candidates will need to demonstrate the senior leadership and vision needed to operate effectively at Board level and help the organisation achieve its strategic objectives.
For further information about Thrive Homes and the role, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about the role or organisation, please contact a member of the Altair team:
- For questions about the role or organisation, please contact Sarah Palmer, Head of Executive Search and Interim Management – mobile: 07806 602933 | email: email@example.com
- For questions about the application process, please contact Toby Lebeter, Project Co-ordinator – office: 020 7934 0175 | mobile: 07833 227379 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply for the Chair of Risk and Audit position, please complete our online registration form and attach the following documentation (saving your documents with your surname first, followed by your first name, then a description of the document):
- A detailed CV including details of positions held (and dates), size of budgets and teams managed, qualifications and key achievements but not exceeding 2,000 words
- A supporting statement explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Silva Homes and also addressing how you meet PART ONE of the person specification, but not exceeding 2,000 words
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for three referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed Recruitment Monitoring Form
- Completed Declaration of Interests Form
The closing date for applications is 9:00am, Monday 19th February and the job reference code is ALT204. Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files