Executive Director (Finance and Procurement), Westward Housing Group
Newton Abbot, South West
Circa £100,000 per annum
About Westward Housing Group
Westward Housing Group (Westward) provides landlord services to over 7,300 homes in Devon and Cornwall and support services to 2000 clients delivering over 53 unique support services. Its turnover is £42m with an expected operating margin of 35% for 2016/17. The organisation employs the equivalent of 292 full-time employees.
Westward also has two commercial subsidiaries within its group: Horizon Homes, which builds homes to sell on the open market and subsidises its social purpose activities, and Sharewest, a jointly owned cost-sharing vehicle that it operates in conjunction with Guinness Partnership and Teign Housing.
About the role
The Executive Director (Finance and Procurement) is responsible for the entirety of the finance and procurement functions of the Group, ensuring that strategic planning and operational performance
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provision of financial and commercial advice and assistance to the Chief Executive, Board and senior management team including in relation to strategic risk planning.
- Contributing to corporate decision making, business planning and the overall strategic management of Westward.
- Working with the Chief Executive to ensure that the boards of Westward fully discharge all their legal and regulatory responsibilities.
- Representing Westward effectively to its stakeholders
- Contributing to risk assessment planning for the Group and leading on operational risk management for the finance and procurement directorate.
- Upholding and promoting the values of Westward and its commitment to customer service.
- Demonstrating a high level of commitment to equality and diversity.
For a confidential and informal discussion about the role, please contact:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Interim Management and Executive Search, mobile: 07806 602933 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
If you are interested in this role, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like to submit a formal application, please complete our registration form and attach the following documentation (please save your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file):
- A detailed CV including details of positions held (and dates), size of budgets and teams managed and key achievements
- A supporting statement explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Westward Housing Group and also addressing how you meet the requirements of PART ONE of the person specification
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for three referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed recruitment monitoring form
The closing date for applications is 9:00am Friday 12th May 2017 and the job reference code is: ALT182. Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files