Non-Executive Directors, Yorkshire Housing
£7,000 per annum
About Yorkshire Housing
Formed in 1999 as Yorkshire Housing Group and amalgamated into a single entity in 2008, Yorkshire Housing has a turnover of £82m and employs over 750 people. We currently own or manage over 18,000 properties across Yorkshire and are Yorkshire’s largest active developer of homes, working in partnership with local authorities and private developers to deliver 300 high-quality affordable homes each year.
Yorkshire Housing is committed to being an efficient business and employer of choice, to consistently provide great homes and to excellent customer service. Our commitment is demonstrated through the wide range of awards it has accrued for our customer service, Home Improvement Agency work and individual developments. Yorkshire Housing has also secured gold Investors in People status.
All of our operations are underpinned by our three core values: Respect, Reliability and Enthusiasm.
About the roles
Yorkshire Housing is now focused on the future, considering how best to deliver our ambitions in the current sector environment. We are looking for two new Non-Executive Directors to help us achieve our goals. We are particularly keen to recruit new members who have skills in risk and assurance, and forward thinking housing management. To help us achieve our ambitions you will have strong strategic and leadership skills, experience of governance and risk at board level, scrutinising financial and performance information and experience of working in a complex and highly regulated environment.
It is envisioned that, of the two successful candidates, one will sit on the Risk & Assurance Committee, and the other on the Governance Committee (in addition to the main Board).
The Board is currently under-represented in terms of women, the BME community, and those with a disability; applications from within these groups would be particularly welcome.
If you would like further information about Yorkshire Housing and the roles, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like a confidential and informal conversation about the organisation or the roles, please contact:
- Steve Douglas, Partner – mobile: 07810 152840 | office: 020 7934 0175 | email: email@example.com
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Executive Search and Interim Management – mobile: 07806 602933 | office: 020 7934 0175 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply for the role, please complete our online registration form and attach the following documentation (saving your files with your surname first, then your first name, followed by a brief description of the file):
- A detailed CV including details of positions held (and dates) highlighting key achievements and your contact details
- A supporting statement explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Yorkshire Housing and also addressing how you meet the requirements of the person specification
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- A completed Recruitment Monitoring Form
The closing date for applications is 9am, Monday 15th May. The job reference code is ALT182.
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with the strictest confidence.
Download the required files