Development investment appraisal, options appraisal, financial modelling, development financial viability assessment, finance and performance reporting.
David is a qualified finance professional with substantial experience of providing advice and support on investment appraisal, financial planning and financial management and reporting matters.
David has several years of experience working in the housing sector, more recently working for a housing association where he was responsible for providing the finance business partnering service to the corporate and development teams. This included support and advise on investment appraisals, financial viability, option appraisals, acquisitions and disposals, as well as maintaining, updating and stress-testing the organisation’s 30-year financial plan.
Before working in the housing sector, David worked in external audit and value for money roles across the not-for-profit sector.
Recent projects that David has been involved in include:
- Benchmarking and challenging development assumptions and project acceptance criteria
- Reviewing development appraisal methodologies and models
- Building bespoke development financial models
- Setting up Altair’s in-house development appraisal tool (podplan) for local authority and housing association clients
• Housing and Care 21 – Corporate Finance Manager
• The Guinness Partnership – Senior Finance Analyst
• BBC Trust – Finance and Strategy Adviser
• Audit Commission – Audit Policy Manager