Strategic business and treasury planning, financing strategy and risk management, capital markets financing, project finance structuring & risk appraisal, treasury policy & strategy, merger due diligence, specialised financial markets training.
David heads Altair’s Treasury and Finance services and is Managing Director of the Group’s FCA authorised treasury advisory company ATFS. He has over 30 years’ experience of the City and corporate treasury in the oil & gas sector, and is a financing specialist who has focused on the social housing and wider public sectors as an adviser for the last 15 years. He has advised on structuring some of the housing sector’s largest and most complex financing propositions, and undertaken due diligence on many mergers
Over the last four years as social housing private finance has evolved post-crash, David has advised on some of the housing sector’s most successful bond issues. He has devised and implemented new financing strategies to take clients to the capital markets via private placement, and has developed new funding models designed to be sustainable in the changing market. David has particularly wide experience of working with non-executive Boards to facilitate complex and challenging decision-making in new financial markets.
Recent projects that David has been involved in include:
- Funding options appraisal and strategy formulation leading to début rated public bond issues and group restructuring
- Funding adviser on secured private placements
- Funding adviser for the first hybrid long-term RP private placement with unsecured & secured availability
- Investment advice for private sector rent programmes & student accommodation projects
- Project appraisal, business case interrogation and investment advice for RP/private sector development/regeneration joint ventures
EC Harris Investments Ltd - Head of Corporate Finance
Tribal - Managing Director of Tribal Treasury Services Ltd
HACAS Exchequer Services - Director
Carless Capel & Leonard PLC - Group Treasurer
A number of major City banks in corporate and project finance lending roles
Vivid Homes – Board member & Chair of Treasury Committee> Back to Team