Policy and strategy, governance and regulation, performance and operational, process mapping and lean redesign, performance and operational reviews, and performance management.
Gemma has extensive project management experience, as demonstrated when initiating and leading projects as a consultant and at Birmingham City Council. These projects including mapping housing pathways for domestic violence victims, review of the effectiveness of social housing management in the State of Jersey, and assessment of the impact on housing needs of moving all social housing to an 80% rental model, and assessment of the financial and managerial impact of Affordable Rent and fixed term tenancies for a number of housing associations.
Gemma joined Altair from the National Housing Federation, bringing with her an excellent overview of the strategic, policy and operational environment which housing providers face.
She has worked in a senior role at Birmingham City Council, in performance management and project management roles in housing associations, as well as extensive consultancy and policy work.
Recent projects that Gemma has been involved in include:
- Development of a growth strategy for large national housing associations, including mapping the impact of LHA cap on existing stock.
- Governance review for a small housing association including assessment against regulatory requirements.
- Development of a new Target Operating Model (TOM) for medium size housing associations.
- Co-author for CIH publication into working relationships between Housing Associations and Local Authorities (due in September)
- Project lead on project for Joseph Rowntree Foundation on Housing and Poverty (due in October)
National Housing Federation
Birmingham City Council
Yorkshire Housing Group