* Policy and strategy
* Governance and regulation
* Performance and operational strategy
* Process mapping and lean redesign
* Performance and operational reviews
* Performance management
Gemma joined Altair in 2016 from the National Housing Federation, bringing with her an excellent overview of the strategic, policy and operational environment that housing providers face.
She has extensive project management experience which she has demonstrated as a consultant and at Birmingham City Council. These projects included:-
• Mapping housing pathways for domestic violence victims
• Reviewing the effectiveness of a housing associations current operating model.
• Applying lean process management techniques to improve customer service in a large London housing provider.
• The assessment of the impact on housing needs of moving all social housing to an 80% rental model in the State of Jersey
• The assessment of the financial and managerial impact of Affordable Rent and fixed term tenancies for a number of housing associations.
Gemma previously worked in senior roles at Birmingham City Council in performance and project management in housing associations, as well as extensive consultancy and policy work.
Recent projects that Gemma has been involved in include:
- Developing growth and partnership strategies for a range of housing associations.
- Governance reviews – the review of structures and composition; facilitating board appraisals; reviewing key governance documentation; undertaking stakeholder surveys and facilitating sessions for boards, staff and customers
- Organisational reviews – conducting reviews of end to end services focusing on how services are currently delivered and identifying opportunities to improve the customer experience. This included the development of a new Target Operating Model (TOM) for a medium sized housing association.
- Facilitating Board away days
- Policy and strategy research into a range of housing sector issues.
National Housing Federation
Birmingham City Council
Yorkshire Housing Group
- “Building Bridges: A guide to better partnership working between local authorities and housing associations”
- Joseph Rowntree Foundation publication on Housing and Poverty Mitigation (due end February)
> Back to Team