Strategic business planning, merger and pre-merger business planning, due diligence reviews, development feasibility modelling, treasury management, financial viability reviews, strategic financial advice, financial training.
Jim is a qualified Chartered Accountant with over 20 years’ experience of consultancy work in the housing and local authority finance sectors. He has worked extensively with housing regulators, including leading on a programme of annual viability reviews on behalf of the Homes and Communities Agency and working on a range of assignments for the Scottish Housing Regulator.
Jim has in-depth knowledge of supported, sheltered and extra care housing finance, having advised a range of providers on financial, management, revenue grant planning and regulatory matters.
Recent projects that Jim has been involved in include:
- Interim Finance Director for a large Welsh housing association
- Financial viability reviews of RPs for the HCA
- Brixx business planning for numerous housing associations
- Financial viability advice for registered social landlords in Scotland
- Strategic business planning, financial modelling and facilitating a board away day for a Sussex-based housing association
- Development feasibility modelling
- Development of a flexible tenure model for a consortium of housing associations
- Financial governance work for numerous housing associations
Tribal – Director of Housing Finance
Starfish Consulting Ltd – Founding Director
National RP – Finance Director
London Chartered Accountancy Firm – Audit Manager