In an increasingly challenging external environment, recruiting good people, whilst essential, is no longer sufficient. Embedding and developing their potential and retaining talent within your business needs an integrated and flexible approach. We believe it will become increasingly critical to have the right support at hand delivered in a personalised way.
That is why we have developed a highly skilled and experienced executive people team which is focused on providing high quality, tailored services in an integrated way that supports organisations to attract, retain and develop their people. Our services include;
Executive resourcing | permanent senior level recruitment at chief executive, director, non-executive director and head of service level, interim management, search, psychometric testing and assessment centres (visit our recruitment and interim management page).
Talent management | executive development, coaching (leadership, first 100 days, behaviours), 360° feedback, identifying potential and stretch planning, mentoring, career planning, outplacement and transition.
People advisory | strategic HR consultancy, retained HR services, pay benchmarking and job evaluation.
The operating environment for housing organisations is evolving rapidly. Changes in government policy, customer demands, financial pressures, business models and a need to deliver value for money are all drivers for organisations to review the way that they operate.
Altair’s Organisational Excellence function provides services to help organisations to ensure that they are able to organise their resources and maximise their performance. This includes working on areas such as:
Customers | ensuring that services provided meet the needs of customers (including level of service, access channels and approach).
Processes | developing processes that support the delivery of services to customers that are lean and efficient.
Organisation design | designing organisational structures and models that provide clarity and flexibility.
Culture | developing an organisational culture that supports the organisations values and behaviours.
Technology | systems and technology infrastructure supports the delivery of modern services and working practices.
Using the areas above we work with organisations to develop new Target Operating Models to support the implementation of large scale transformation processes.
We can also focus in to work with organisations on focused reviews e.g. redesign structures, detailed process mapping and redesign, culture audits or detailed services reviews of a specific function.
Some examples of organisational excellence projects we have delivered for clients include:
- Design and development of a new Target Operating Model for a London ALMO
- Review of a finance function for a housing association
- Review of a contact centre for a large housing association in the South West
- Culture audit and action plan for the HR, finance and contact teams for a housing association in the North West
- Review of the leadership team and development of a new structure for a housing association in the North West
- Development of a high level vision for the Target Operating Model for a London ALMO
- Design and development of a new Target Operating Model for a national housing association
- Review of a the neighbourhood services and property management functions leading to the development of revised operating models for a housing association based in London
- A systems process mapping review for a Scottish housing association
- A stakeholder perception review designed to support a housing association to grow its new build development activities with local authorities
Some of examples of executive people services projects we have delivered for clients include:
- A review of the executive remuneration strategy including options for implementing long term incentive and deferred bonus schemes
- Market pay benchmarking exercise for executive and staff level posts for organisations across the UK
- HR retainer services for a housing association in the South East of England
- Development of a recruitment strategy and competency framework for a client in Wales
- Pre and post-merger HR advice and implementation support
- Development of a revised and simplified pay structure for a care and support organisation in Wales
Our organisational excellence and human resources services work closely with the wider Altair team. As well as stand alone work, we often work on projects which flow from our strategy and governance and finance services.