The Altair team are highly experienced at working with registered providers, local authorities, ALMOs and private developers on a wide range of development, regeneration and asset management projects.
Development and regeneration
The population projections of many of our cities are upwards and demand for housing increases. Our seaside towns are in decline and are crying out for investment, and affordable housing in rural settings continues to be a scarce resource.
It is a challenging and rapidly changing landscape, where success requires innovation, insight, drive and creativity. We can work with you to devise new solutions, delivery vehicles, opportunities and investment.
We understand that it’s important your assets are maximised both financially and in terms of quality of service to your residents. We can help you achieve that delicate balance of sweating your assets as much as possible and maximising your return on investment, while achieving the quality of properties and services you need.
Council-owned development companies
Altair has worked at the forefront of the recent wave of local authorities who are setting up wholly-owned development companies. Every local authority that has established a development company in recent years has done so differently, reflecting their different situations, objectives, and ambitions. Altair has assisted a number of local authorities set-up and run council-owned development companies in a variety of capacities including, business planning, financial modelling, governance support, top-tier interim positions (including MD and FD), and operational advice and support.
Working across the Altair team, we have industry leading expertise in property services, financial and strategic planning that deliver a full range of property services to our clients. We offer advice and support in the following areas:
- Visioning – assisting leaders to pull together the big picture.
- Brokerage – seeing the opportunity, bringing partners together and finding the synergy.
- Securing opportunities – supporting bids, shaping proposals to maintain a competitive edge.
- Programme management – we can lead or support on delivering the key outcomes.
- Operational advice and interim support
- Community engagement – we can talk with and listen to the key communities and stakeholders.
- Navigating the public sector – piloting through local, regional and central government.
- Public affairs – we assist clients to win with opinion leaders.
- Tackling worklessness and delivering social renewal.
- Helping you to identify New Business Development opportunities.
- Helping you to devise Development and Asset Strategies.
- Financial modelling for development programmes.
- Implementing your development strategies.