How to succeed in a non-executive application
Competition for roles means that success isn’t guaranteed, even for high-performing executives. Over 70 candidates responded to our last advert for an independent board member.
Here’s some advice for candidates, having seen hundreds of applications recently:
- Always tailor your CV to the role you are applying for
- Follow the application instructions closely
- Use the person specification/role definition as your template
- Evidence how your experience applies to the role you are applying for
- Say why you are interested in the position and organisation in the supporting statement.
Your application needs to stand out, so think about what sets you apart. Hoping for the best by sending a standardised CV is an unlikely bet these days.
For further advice and information on making a successful non-executive application please contact: Sarah Palmer, Senior Consultant, Recruitment and Interim Management, Altair: mobile 07806 602933, Office: 020 7934 0175 or email: email@example.com