NHF Housing Finance Conference – quick guide
With the year end fast approaching and the inevitable flurry of work that comes with it, I doubt you’ve had any time to think about the social (sorry, “work”) event of the year for finance professionals in the housing sector. Well, at Altair we have and we’ve picked out what we think are the 5 most popular themes coming out of the conference for 2015 and some particular sessions that have taken our interest:
- The economy and the 2015 general election; keynote speaker Kate Barker talks about the current and future demand for housing and how the government can help turn the tide, while Michael Portillo and David Orr discuss politics, who might win the general election, and what that means for housing in the UK.
- Housing supply and funding options; Susie Rogers and Dr Sarah Raper talk about how housing associations might access NHS estates for new housing supply, and Piers Williamson and Henrietta Podd discuss the growing importance of bond finance to the sector.
- Regulation; Mick Warner, Deputy Director of Regulatory Operations at the HCA, briefs us on the results of the 2014 Global Accounts and the sector’s risk profile, while Richard Foster of the HCA, Steve Smedley and Paul Fiddaman make-clearer VfM self-assessments.
- Reporting standards; Faye Gordon and Jack Stephen provide a ‘sanity check’ on where you should be with the transition to FRS 102 and a 6-strong team lead an interactive session that translates the 2013 global accounts (expressed in the current UK GAAP) to FRS 102 format.
- Risk; delve into the mind of professional poker play Casper Berry and hear about how he differentiates a calculated risk and a gamble, while Jonathan Walters, Deputy Director of Strategy and Performance at the HCA, gives an insight into the regulatory changes around risk and how this will impact on housing associations.
Altair offer a range of advisory and consultancy services including Finance, Governance & Strategy, Property, as well as a full HR and Recruitment Service, and our Finance Team can help you with any of the issues that your business might be facing in this difficult climate.
We are going to be at the conference in Warwick on the 18th and 19th March 2015 and if you’d like to arrange an appointment with any of us then please do not hesitate to do so on the contact details below. We look forward to catching up with old colleagues and friends, and also meeting some new people along the way!
Latest NewsSee all news
What makes a change programme successful?
What’s that saying? “There is nothing permanent except change” Heraclitus. Dealing with change, adapting to change, learning from change, it is all […]
Using Technology to support your specific customer centric services
As the digital agenda continues at pace within the social housing sector, housing providers are continually assessing technologies that will […]
Experts Phil Smith & Cher Lewney join Altair’s Digital & Technology Consultancy Service
Following the launch of our Digital and Technology consultancy service back in March we are excited to announce the arrival […]