We’re delighted that Steve Douglas, our Group
CEO, has been awarded a CBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours list, for his
service to housing.
Many of our clients will know or have worked with Steve during his long and illustrious career. The award is a mark of his commitment to the sector and recognition of the many valuable initiatives and activities he has led or supported. Some of his achievements which have contributed to the award include:
- First Chief Executive role at Spitalfields HA – based in East London
- Overseeing £8.4bn investment programme, delivering 155,000 homes whilst Chief Executive at the Housing Corporation and regulating England’s 1,500 housing associations
- Vice Chair and Board Member at Amicus Horizon and then Optivo for 9 years
- Executive Regeneration Director at LB Hackney in run up to Olympics 2012
- One of four founding Partners at Altair, the leading housing and regeneration consultancy
- Contribution to a wide range of strategic thinking in the sector covering areas such as; diversity and leadership, increasing the delivery of affordable and social homes, collaboration between LAs and RPs, governance and regulation, future shape of the sector etc.
- Regularly being invited to be an expert speaker and judge on housing awards
- Working closely with L&Q, Optivo and the BME London to set up the Leadership 2025 initiative – with the purpose of empowering senior BME professionals to become leaders of the future
- Currently Chair at One Housing Group and NED at Commonweal – Social Justice Housing charity
Being awarded a CBE is a deserved recognition and all at Aquila and Altair would like to congratulate Steve on his achievement.
Chair of Aquila and Altair