Prima has appointed 5 new board members with a diverse breadth of housing and commercial sector experience, following a review in 2018 which recommended the two boards of Pierhead and Leasowe should form a common board for the Group to streamline governance and ensure efficient and effective operation of the organisation.
The new board members complement the skills and experience of the board members recruited from the existing boards, including James Boyd, appointed as the new Group Chair. Rob Young, former Chief Executive of Torus is delighted to be one of the new members: “Prima is a well-regarded, progressive and forward-looking housing group. I am looking forward to joining my fellow board members, senior team and partners in delivering our ambitious corporate plan”.
The new board was established on 19th September 2019, and will include:
- Barry Callow – Director of Repairs at Plus Dane;
- Janet Hale – Self-employed housing consultant and Chair of Progress Housing;
- Paula Roberts – Acting Director of Risk & Internal Audit and Head of Assurance and Internal Audit at Manchester Airports Group;
- Kiera Vogel – Managing Director Senate Construction;
- Rob Young – Former Group Chief Executive Torus, Chair of Port Sunlight Village Trust.
Group Chief Executive, John Ghader is very pleased with the outcome: “We were impressed by the quality of candidates that Altair identified who not only bring a breadth of skills and experience from the housing and commercial sectors, but also diversity of thought. With the new board we can ensure that Prima remains a growing, unified and innovative organisation with people at the centre of everything we do”.
Prima is made up of two community-based housing associations (Pierhead Housing Association and Leaseowe Community Homes) as well as Prima Commercial which manages 256 commercial properties to support the Group’s social and charitable aims.