Training Opportunity: Intensive Affordable Housing Programme
A practical learning experience in creating enabling conditions to expand the supply of affordable housing in emerging economies.
We are delighted to announce the launch of this one-week immersive training course and study tour hosted in London by Crown Agents and Altair. It is designed for high-level government officials, policymakers and private sector leaders working to deliver affordable housing across Africa and Asia.
The Intensive Affordable Housing Programme is an immersive training and study tour designed to provide practical learning on how to create and expand the supply of affordable housing whilst exploring policy frameworks, the distinctive role of government and private sector institutions in stimulating the supply of affordable housing, capital markets funding options, regulatory and legal frameworks to enable implementation of effective housing systems in emerging economies.
This comprehensive programme aims to equip high-level government delegates with the knowledge, skills, and networking opportunities necessary to tackle the affordable housing challenge in their respective countries more effectively.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Draw on decades of valuable lessons learned within the UK sector alongside international case studies. Throughout the week, delegates will enjoy a mix of practical and interactive classroom-based training and study tour visits to affordable housing developments and key organisations while accessing important networking and peer learning opportunities.
- Includes expertly guided visits to:
- Award-winning large-scale mixed-income affordable housing developments in London
- Successful regeneration projects that integrate community engagement and environmental sustainability
- Student housing accommodation
- Networking dinner: With guests including leading figures from the UK government, the London Mayor’s office, the private sector and affordable and social housing sectors.
- The global landscape for affordable housing
- Policy, legal, and regulation framework for affordable housing in the UK
- Role of government, local government, non-profits, and private sector in the delivery of housing in the UK
- Overview of different financial instruments and investment opportunities
- Case studies of successful policies and projects
- Exploring alternative housing tenure models
- What does it take to create a successful green housing market and the role of key actors?
- What does it take to initiate delivery of a large volume housing supply programme?
Don’t miss out on this chance to advance your career and contribute to the advancement of affordable housing initiatives. Click the link below to register:
This programme has been created in partnership with Crown Agents, the not-for-profit international development company which has been focused on accelerating prosperity and self-sufficiency since 1833. Its Training and Professional Development division has been delivering capacity building training and consultancy services for more than 60 years to the public and private sectors, in which time it has trained more than 70,000 professionals. It has a strong local presence across Africa and Asia, with offices in more than 10 countries in these regions.
Latest NewsSee all news
A catch up with Darren Hartley
In this article, we catch up with Darren Hartley, a recently appointed Director at Altair working within our Governance team. […]
Embedding Sustainability in Asset Management
The housing sector is responsible for 18% of emissions across the UK economy. Of this 18%, 69% of emissions are […]
How rightsizing approaches can be a win:win solution for both tenants and providers
Demand for social housing is continuing to outstrip housing supply. With little money available to build or acquire new social […]