Our consultants have worked on urban environmental projects globally including:
1. Setting up a funding aggregator to raise $4bn of affordable housing bonds in the UK and utilising that experience to introduce index linked and retail bonds to Africa.
2. Initiating affordable housing projects in India, Africa, Eastern Europe and South America.
3. Advising on implementation of 100,000 homes per annum initiative in Nigeria.
4. Project management of major investment in incubator and technoparks for sustainable employment in the UK and translating that experience to the African opportunity.
5. Review of the mortgage market in Ghana.
6. Setting up an affordable rental housing company in Rwanda.
7. The viability of an African-wide project to introduce ‘Rent to Own’ and ‘Help to Buy’.
8. Working jointly with World Bank, IFC, KFW and Sweco.
Nationwide to Community
Projects vary from the investment of many hundred of millions of dollars in major urban infrastructure and housing to working with small community organisations to improve their local environment.
Unrivaled experience of working models and practical outcomes through affordable housing projects in developing and developed economies. We facilitate the transfer of this knowledge by involving local business, professionals and entrepreneurs, providing them with tools to expand their expertise and skills.
High Level Specialists
A panel of high-level specialists, embedded in the affordable housing sector, such as Julian Ashby, former Chair of the UK Affordable Housing Regulator and Andrew Cowan, a senior partner in the leading affordable housing law firm.
• Advising on the development of a 2,800 multi-tenure development and 10,000 homes ‘new town’ in Kigali, Rwanda, including the setting up of an affordable rental company to manage 800 homes and the launching of an index-linked bond fund.
• Advising the newly formed Nigerian Family Homes Fund (FHF) on structuring its capacity to deliver 100,000 new homes each year.
• Setting up and providing funding support through loan guarantee schemes and bond funding for community housing co-operatives in Dharavi, Mumbai and Nairobi, Kenya.
• Advising a USA-based private equity house on a fund to invest in affordable housing projects in Africa.
• Reviewing investment opportunities in the Ghanaian mortgage market for a private equity company.
• Development appraisals, business plans and funding prospectus for a project of mid-market homes in Kassa, Ghana and similar project in Lagos, Nigeria.
• Business planning, governance and funding advice and support for the first ‘Green City’ in Kigali, Rwanda.
• Developing and modelling the concept of ‘Help to Buy’ and ‘Rent to Own’ as a route to affordable home ownership in the African context.
• Assisting on funding and project management for a programme of school buildings and medical facilities in Zambia.
• Design and implementation of a home loan assistance product in Nigeria.
For larger projects that include surveying and architecture, we have a partnership with Sweco, world leading architectural and engineering consultancy, which enables the management of major construction projects.
Director of Altair, ATFS and Aquila Group.
Specialising in legal structures, governance and funding options. Secretary of a key housing think tank, non-executive director of a quoted commercial property company and investment advisor to two major funds.
Group Associate Director
Specialising in design, management and maintenance of affordable housing. A chartered surveyor previously responsible for the running of various housing companies in the UK, and Chair of property management company.
Director of Altair, ATFS and Aquila Group
Specialising in financial and business planning as well as the setting and achieving strategic targets and operational monitoring. Previously operated at director
level in the development and finance functions of major affordable housing developers and managers.
Co Chief Executive Aquila Services Group
Leads our strategic and change management teams. Responsible for recruitment and interim management and organisational excellence specialisms. Provides high level advice to affordable housing providers.
7 Tokunbo Disu Sule Street,
Magodo Phase 1,