Altair International is a specialist consultancy advising on interventions to increase the provision of affordable housing in developing countries. This includes the funding, investment, regulation, governance, policy and delivery of affordable housing initiatives.
We are uniquely positioned to provide support on affordable housing activities, with key strengths in areas such as:
- We are leading global experts on affordable housing
- We have first-hand experience of the delivery of affordable housing initiatives
- We provide tailored solutions to meet unique local requirements and specific circumstances
- We have a proven track record of advising on a range of international housing projects
- We have a commitment to transferring skills and knowledge to the clients we work with
Our support includes areas such as:
- Affordable housing policy
- Governance and regulation
- Treasury, funding and capital markets
- Feasibility studies and market analysis
- Organisation design and change
- Project management
- Business planning
- Property development
Our clients and projects
We provide support to pan-national agencies, national governments, NGOs, funding institutions and other agencies. Examples of our projects include:
- Advising on the development of a 2,800 multi-tenure development and 10,000 homes ‘new town’ in Kigali, Rwanda, including the setting up of an affordable rental company to manage 800 homes and the launching of an index-linked bond fund.
- Advising the newly formed Nigerian Family Homes Fund (FHF) on structuring its capacity to deliver 100,000 new homes each year.
- Setting up and providing funding support through loan guarantee schemes and bond funding for community housing co-operatives in Dharavi, Mumbai and Nairobi, Kenya.
- Reviewing investment opportunities in the Ghanaian mortgage market for a private equity company.
- Development appraisals, business plans and funding prospectus for a project of mid-market homes in Kassa, Ghana and similar project in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Business planning, governance and funding advice and support for the first ‘Green City’ in Kigali, Rwanda.
- Developing and modelling the concept of ‘Help to Buy’ and ‘Rent to Own’ as a route to affordable home ownership in the African context.
- Assisting on funding and project management for a programme of school buildings and medical facilities in Zambia.
Design and implementation of a home loan assistance product in Nigeria.
- Assisted the State Mortgage Company (SMC) in Krygystan developing solutions for low-cost, low-density housing design, construction techniques and materials suitable for local climate and cultural identity in rural areas, and support stakeholders in rural mid-sized cities to initiate corresponding pilot construction projects.
We are also able to utilise the extensive experience and expertise of the work completed by Altair in the UK affordable housing sector.
We recognise that every project is different, and we take pride in ensuring that clients have access to the right skills and expertise to deliver each piece of work. To achieve this, we are open to working collaboratively with other organisations and individuals to deliver projects.
We have previous experience of partnering with a large international architectural and engineering firm, affordable housing law firm, locally based consultants etc.
If you are interested in working with us to provide housing specific expertise on a project you are delivering or are keen to know more about the projects we are involved in, please get in touch using the details below.
Director of Altair, ATFS and Aquila Group.
Specialising in legal structures, governance and funding options. Secretary of a key housing think tank, non-executive director of a quoted commercial property company and investment advisor to two major funds.
Group Associate Director
Specialising in design, management and maintenance of affordable housing. A chartered surveyor previously responsible for the running of various housing companies in the UK, and Chair of property management company.
Markets & Growth Director
Michael is Market and Growth Director – responsible for the accounts sides of the business – delivering our services to clients. This includes client relationships, market profile and opening up new market segments and channels.
7 Tokunbo Disu Sule Street,
Magodo Phase 1,