We are looking for at least three new Board Members with a broad range of skills and experience who can help us better connect with our customers and communities. Non-Executive experience or knowledge of the social housing sector is not necessary as a full induction programme will be provided.
About the role
Remuneration: Remuneration is currently £4,135 per annum (under market review) plus reasonable expenses.
Time commitment: Approx one to two days per month
Location: Meetings are currently being held virtually. Learning from our experience of the past year, going forward we envisage that meetings will be a combination of virtual and face to face. Face to face meetings will be at our Head Office in Northwich. Our Away Days are usually held in the Cheshire area.
Closing date: The closing date for applications is 10:00am Monday 17th May 2021.
WVHT is an award-winning independent Housing Association with a vision to ‘Transform Neighbourhoods, Homes and Services to improve the quality of life for our customers’.
We currently operate in Cheshire and Warrington, where we own and manage over 6,300 properties, including Shared Ownership under our Prospa Homes brand. We have an ambitious Corporate Plan which will see us delivering significant investment into our existing homes and communities with an additional development target to bring over 850 new homes into our management in the next five years.
We are a Best Companies, Sunday Times Top 100 Company to work for, having retained this listing for a twelfth consecutive year and in 2021 we achieved the highest 3-star accolade of being a ‘world class company to work for’ for colleague engagement. We are rated G1/V1 by the Regulator for Social Housing.
For further information about WVHT please visit our website at: https://www.wvht.co.uk/about-us
We want like-minded individuals to join us who aspire to making a real lasting difference, with a passion for community improvement that will be put into practice. We are committed to ensuring the focus of the post-pandemic recovery is not just on ‘Building Back Better’, but crucially ‘Fairer’.
We are keen to further build upon our inclusive Board with individuals from a wide range of backgrounds with different life experiences. Non-executive experience or knowledge of the social housing sector is not necessary. Full support and mentoring are provided for all Board Members, including an induction programme with tailored learning and development plans and a buddy system so that you get to know us and feel part of our Board immediately.
We are particularly interested in people with management experience and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Technology-led change management
- Community/Customer Engagement
- Strategic Finance, Risk Management and Financial Performance
- Development/Health and Safety/Regeneration
- Housing Management
- Human Resources and Organisational Development
The expected time commitment will be a minimum of one to two days per month. Remuneration is currently £4,135 per annum (under market review) plus reasonable expenses.
For further information please read the recruitment pack. If, after having read the pack, you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact one of our retained recruitment consultants at Altair Ltd for a confidential discussion:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Recruitment on 07806 602933 or email@example.com
- Sarah Parr, Principal Consultant on 07876 492526 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 10:00am Monday 17th May 2021.
How to apply
To apply for this role please complete our online registration form, attaching the following documentation:
- A detailed CV of no more than 2,000 words, including details of positions held and dates, including achievements relevant to a non-executive position.
- A supporting statement of no more than 2,000 words, explaining your motivation in applying for this position at WVHT and addressing how you meet the competencies outlined in PART ONE of the Person Specification.
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note that we will not take up references without your prior permission.
- Completed recruitment monitoring form
The closing date for applications is 10:00am Monday 17 May 2021. Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.