We are seeking to recruit new Non-Executive Board Members who share our ambitions and commitment to social housing. An interest in Sutton’s communities and local issues is also important. Non-executive experience is not required for either role as a full induction programme will be provided.
About the role
Sutton Housing Partnership (SHP) manage and maintain the London Borough of Sutton’s 7,500 homes and are responsible for delivering housing related support services that improve the sustainability of tenancies, promote independent living and create secure, welcoming communities.
We are focused on creating connected communities with more successful households that are able to prosper in our ambitious Borough. As we emerge from the pandemic our focus is on our new three year delivery plan structured on six key themes:
- Keeping people safe in their homes
- Rethinking repairs
- Collaborative working with residents
- Digital Access and Engagement
- Improving communities
- Organisational Culture and Leadership
Our vision remains to encourage and inspire residents to unlock their potential and get the most out of life, and to create communities where this happens.
As part of our Board succession strategy, we are seeking to recruit new Non-Executive Board Members who share our ambitions and commitment to social housing. An interest in Sutton’s communities and local issues is also important.
For the Independent Board Member role, we are looking for a broad range of management experience as well as up to date expertise in one or more of the following priority areas:
- Finance and risk management
- Regeneration/Compliance/Health and Safety
- ICT/Digital Transformation
For the Resident Board Member roles, we are looking for people with the drive and enthusiasm to use their lived experience – either as an SHP tenant or a leaseholder – to contribute to SHP’s objectives, shaping and delivering great services for all our residents and our communities.
Non-executive experience is not required for either role as a full induction programme will be provided.
All Board Members are expected to attend approximately 10 – 12 meetings per year. Board meetings are generally held at 5:30pm on Wednesdays, two Board strategy sessions per year take place on a Saturday. Board Members are also expected to attend some resident scrutiny, involvement or community events which can take place on evenings, weekends or within working hours.
In return, Board Members will receive comprehensive training and support to learn new skills and mix with interesting people who have a range of knowledge and experience to share. More importantly, our Board Members will make a real difference to our residents and our communities.
How to apply
To apply for the Independent Board Member position at SHP, please complete our online registration form, attaching the following documentation (please save your documents with your surname first, followed by your first name and description of the file):
- A detailed CV of no more than 2,500 words, including details of positions held and dates with relevant examples of achievements
- A supporting statement of no more than 2,500 words, explaining your motivation in applying for this position at SHP and addressing the Knowledge and Experience element of the Person Specification.
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note that we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed recruitment monitoring form
The closing date for applications is: 10:00am on Wednesday 16 June 2021. The job reference code is ALT301. Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
To apply for a Resident Board Member position at SHP, please visit www.suttonhousingpartnership.org.uk/news/we-want-you-on-board-1468 and download an application form, once completed please email to email@example.com Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.