In response to our continued growth we would like to recruit a principal consultant with strong and demonstrable experience in governance, to help grow our delivery to clients.
About the role
The Governance business work stream is at the heart of Altair’s service offering. The Principal Consultant will have a leading role in our governance team in the development and delivery of consultancy client work across a range of activities, this might for example include:
- Board effectiveness reviews
- Board and Chair appraisal support
- Training on a wide variety of topics including regulation, risk and compliance
- In-depth Assessment Support
- Options appraisals on a variety of topics
This will involve managing client relationships and projects, building Altair’s profile with senior stakeholders in social housing and beyond and developing the skillsets of junior members of staff.
You will have practical experience in governance and should have an interest in the social housing sector and be committed to its improvement.
You will be ambitious, proactive and target-focussed with a commitment to adding value to our clients and internal teams. You will strive for continuous learning and improvement and bring new ideas and solutions to the team and be confident working directly with senior leadership and non-executives. You will be confident in reporting to board members and producing articulate reporting.
Consultancy work is completed in a mix of on and offsite engagement with clients – flexibility and a desire to work with people is required in order to meet the needs of our clients
- Working as part of a team, and at times individually, successfully delivering projects for clients including those that are larger or more complex in nature
- Thinking and analysing matters and situations strategically in order to deliver insightful outcomes
- Taking responsibility for meeting agreed targets, leading and supervising others to deliver consistently high-quality work
- Managing and co-ordinating projects (on a range of project types)
- Engaging with Stakeholders (e.g. conducting interviews, facilitating workshops and presenting to clients)
- Overseeing the collection, analysis and presentation of research / project data (e.g. from surveys, interviews, workshops, desk-top research) including options development and appraisal
- Delivering presentations to a range of audiences such as executives and non-executives and other stakeholders.
- Using profile, network and client relationships to identify opportunities and gain new business
- Taking a lead role in managing relationships with clients and potential clients to identify opportunities
- Leading the development of new service offerings geared to the needs of the market with a strong understanding and interpretation of sector changes
- Leading the development of clear and comprehensive written proposals
- Supporting and leading client pitches
- Contributing to aspects of corporate projects and initiatives
- £65,000 per annum, dependent on experience + bonus scheme
- 6 months probation
- Eligibility for annual Company Bonus Scheme
- Up to 6% Pension Contribution
- Private Medical Insurance and DIS
- 25 days p.a. Holiday Entitlement plus Bank Holidays (increasing with length of service)
- 35 hours per week
- Location – work from home with ability to travel to London or client offices nationally
How to apply
To apply for the Governance Principal Consultant role, please attach the following documents to our application form by 10am 16th September 2022 with reference ALT628
- A detailed CV (no more than two pages) including details of positions held (and dates), responsibilities and key achievements and qualifications.
- A supporting statement (no more than 1,000 words) explaining why you are interested in the role and working for Altair, as well as evidencing your experience and knowledge in relation to the person specification of the role you are applying for.
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) of two referees (including your current employer). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission.
- A completed diversity monitoring form (available in Word format from the Altair website). Please note, this information is for monitoring purposes only and will not be seen or used by the recruitment panel.