Location: Graduate Consultant (Management Consultancy) – Flexible within the UK (home working). Ability to travel is required. Graduate Consultant (Property and Development) – London office (with some home working) Remuneration: £26,000 p.a. starting salary – rising to £27,500 p.a. in year two
About the role
Are you looking for a structured graduate role within a professional services and consultancy business? Are you looking to join a company with a strong reputation and track record of delivering interesting and impactful work within one of the UK’s largest social sectors?
Altair is a consultancy firm with unrivalled experience and diverse expertise in housing and placemaking. We provide high quality, creative solutions to the varied and rapidly changing challenges facing organisations operating in housing and regeneration.
Altair’s Graduate Scheme was set up in 2019 to help drive and sustain the company’s continued growth.
With over 60 staff, Altair provides a real opportunity for you, an ambitious graduate or recent graduate with some experience, to gain real experience of working in a fast-paced consultancy environment with training and structured support from senior members of staff.
Working in a very diverse and dynamic sector, Altair offers consultancy services to their clients in the affordable residential property and social housing sector namely:
- Housing associations
- Central governments
- Local authorities
- Third sector organisations
We work throughout the UK and beyond, advising boards, senior executives and other key stakeholders on a range of areas including:
- Estate and town centre regeneration
- Finance and Treasury
- Governance and Regulation
- Housing Development, focusing on building affordable housing
- Human Resources
- Property services (such as Building Safety)
- Strategy and Policy
- Transformation and Change
Offer to Graduates
The scheme offers graduates a unique environment of a high-profile organisation that still retains the feel of a smaller and dynamic company. We want our employees at all levels to feel connected, and to have the chance to add value to Altair and its clients.
Successful applicants will receive:
- A structured training programme focussed on fast tracking you into our consultancy business with the opportunity to learn alongside senior members of staff to develop, manage and deliver consultancy projects
- The opportunity to specialise in a consultancy discipline and gain professional vocational qualifications (for example project management or RICS/RTPI accredited qualification)
- A range of experience on diverse projects and with a diverse range of clients
- Access to senior leaders across the sector, including working with boards and leadership teams
- Support to develop transferrable skills including: presenting to groups, critique and review of documents, business report writing, research and data analysis
How to apply
To apply for the role, please apply using the application form using the job reference number: Grad21 with the following documents by 9am Tuesday 27th April.
- Covering Letter, no more than one side of A4 in length covering:
- Why you want to work for Altair
- Which Graduate role you are applying for (Management Consultancy or Property and Development, candidates should choose one or the other) and what attributes you feel you will bring to the role
- What interest you have in the Housing Sector
- A copy of your CV no more than two sides of A4
- Monitoring Form
Please save your files in .pdf format with your surname, then first name and a file description, for example: Smith_Josephine_CV