Aequus Group are looking to appoint a new independent Board Chair to steer the Group and build on our success. You will be an experienced NED with previous chairing experience, and have a good understanding of the socio-economic, geographical and political environment within which Aequus operates.
About the role
Role: Aequus Non-Executive Group Board Chair
Remuneration: £10K to £14k per annum – subject to review
Commitment: Approximately 2 to 3 days per month
Aequus and its associated companies are wholly owned by Bath & North East Somerset (B&NES) Council and were set up to develop, deliver, own, and manage residential property for both the rental and homeowner’s market.
As a local authority-controlled company, Aequus Group prioritises the objectives set by our Shareholder, B&NES, and provides efficient and effective services. We aim to be transparent, accountable, and responsive to the needs and concerns of our stakeholders. We value innovation and strive to find new and better ways to deliver our objectives while remaining fiscally responsible. Our aim is to provide quality homes to meet local housing needs.
We are currently seeking a new non-executive independent Chair, to lead the Board at Aequus, someone who will provide strategic leadership and guidance to the Board of Directors to ensure that the company achieves its objectives and meets its obligations to shareholders and stakeholders.
You will have previous NED experience and ideally chairing experience to provide strategic leadership, governance, and oversight to the company’s activities, and have specific expertise and understanding of the following areas:
- Commercial aspects of the housing and development industry,
- Local authorities’ structure and operation
- Understanding of the socio-economic, geographical, and political environment within which Aequus operates.
- Industry insight into housing supply for both market and affordable homes
Aequus is committed to supporting and promoting equality, diversity, and inclusion, at all levels. We are keen to attract a wide range of qualified candidates to this role and would particularly welcome applications from women and individuals from black and minority ethnic backgrounds who are underrepresented on the board.
The time commitment for the role would be 2 to 3 days per month with the requirement to attend and Chair 4-6 Board meetings a year and attend a similar number of Sub-Committee Meetings including the Remuneration Committee and Audit & Risk Committee.
If the prospect of playing a leading role in shaping the future of our ambitious organisation excites you then please visit: Aequus Board Chair Recruitment.
If you wish to have an informal chat please contact Sioned Hughes from Altair Ltd, our dedicated support on 07887 791381 or email email@example.com
How to apply
To apply please complete our online registration form, attaching the following documentation:
- A detailed CV of no more than two pages of A4, including details of positions held and dates (including achievements relevant to a non-executive position).
- A supporting statement of no more than two pages of A4, explaining your motivation in joining as Board Chair for Aequus addressing how you meet the requirements listed in the role description.
- Full contact details (name, phone, and email) for two referees (including your current employer, if applicable). Please note that we will not take up references without your prior permission.
Please also complete our online recruitment monitoring forms
You will receive an automated acknowledgment. Your application will be treated with strictest confidence.
The closing date for applications is 10 am Monday, 11th December 2023 and the role reference code is ALT353