Non-Executive Directors, Adra (formerly Cartrefi Cymunedol Gwynedd) and Medra (Commercial Subsidiary)
Bangor, Gwynedd. Meetings can be conducted via videoconferencing or other flexible means
Remuneration £4,000 per annum
About Adra and Medra
Adra is the biggest housing association in north Wales with over 6,300 homes and providing services to over 14,000 local customers. With a turnover of around £35 million we are a major employer in the area with over 300 staff who all contribute to our success.
By 2022 our vision is to provide all our customers with first-rate services as standard and to provide 550 new homes to those in housing need. In order to grow and improve we want to generate 10% of our surplus from our new commercial activity managed by our subsidiary Medra and want to be regarded as a great place to work, and as a partner of choice by other reputable organisations.
About the role
This is an exciting time to join Adra, we need your help to steer our strategy at Adra Board level and our commercial activity at Medra Board. We wish to recruit a new Co-opted NED to join Adra and a new NED to join Medra. We are seeking individuals who want to apply their specific skills and experience to make a positive difference to our communities.
Equality and diversity are intrinsic to the way Adra works and we welcome applications from diverse individuals and individuals from different backgrounds. We are a disability confident employer.
Adra is very flexible with meeting times, and meetings can be conducted via videoconferencing or other flexible means.
For further information, please download and review the recruitment pack. If you wish to have an informal and confidential discussion to understand more about Adra and Medra roles, please contact:
- Aled Davies, Head of Governance: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01248 677144
- Daniel Parry, Assistant Director Assets: email@example.com or 01248 677201
Or our retained adviser at Altair Ltd:
- Sioned Hughes, Principal Consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07887 791381
How to apply
To apply for the Non-Executive Director positions at at Adra and Medra, please complete our online registration form, attaching the following documentation (please save your documents with your surname first, followed by your first name and description of the file):
- A detailed CV including details of positions held (and dates) (please include key achievements of relevance to a non-executive position (no more than three pages)
- A supporting statement explaining your motivation in applying for a position and also addressing how you meet the requirements of the key tasks (no more than two pages)
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed Recruitment Monitoring Form (please click the highlighted text to download the Word version)
The closing date for applications is: 13th March 2020.
- The job reference code for the Co-optee Non-Executive Director position at Adra is ALT269
- The job reference code for the Non-Executive Director position at Medra is ALT271
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files