Board Members, Irvine Housing Association
About Irvine Housing Association
Irvine Housing Association is a provider of quality homes and services in South West Scotland. With 2,200 properties and a turnover of £10m, we work in three local authority areas and employ about 39 people. As well as providing properties for rent and shared ownership, we also support our customers with employment, financial and affordable warmth advice. Irvine is a subsidiary of Riverside Group – one of the leading social housing and regeneration organisations in the UK
This is an exciting time to join Irvine. In 2017, IHA’s Board approved an ambitious Corporate Plan that seeks to grow the business by 30% over the next five years through the acquisition and new build of social housing for rent. The association is also currently implementing a new target operating model revolving around customer care, agile working, community support services and increased collaboration with the wider Riverside Group. This new model will deliver an improved customer experience and deliver greater efficiencies to our business, creating the capacity to deliver the ambitions stated in our new Corporate Plan.
About the role
We have two vacancies on the Board and, in addition to the usual skills required to be an effective board member, we are looking for candidates with commercial experience and are also keen to attract candidates with experience of housing policy or areas of law relevant to housing
The Board meets a minimum of six times a year, although they tend to meet more than this for one-off meetings relating to specific items of business. The Audit & Risk Committee generally comprise of Board members and tends to meet on a quarterly basis. The Board and committee meetings generally commence at 5:30pm.
If you have a passion for the delivery of quality services that have a positive impact on individuals and the wider community, as well as the skills we require, please contact our retained advisors at Altair:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Executive Search and Interim Management – mobile: 07806 602933 email: email@example.com
Board Members are not remunerated but we pay all associated expenses. A full induction programme will be provided and for both Irvine and Riverside and Board Members will be invited to Riverside’s Board briefing sessions and the Group Strategy day.
How to apply
To apply for a Board Member position at Irvine Housing Association, please complete our registration form, attaching the following documentation (please save your documents with your surname first, followed by your first name and description of the file):
- A detailed CV (maximum 2,000 words) including details of positions held (and dates) (please include size of budgets and teams managed and key achievements of relevance to a non-executive position)
- A supporting statement (maximum 2,000 words) explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Irvine HA and also addressing how you meet the requirements of PART ONE of the person specification.
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for two referees (including your current employer if applicable). Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed Recruitment Monitoring Form (a Word version is available on our website and attached as reference at Appendix 1 of this recruitment pack)
The closing date for applications is: 10:00am on Monday 15th October 2018 and the job reference code is: ALT225.
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence.
Download the required files