Chair, Advance Housing and Support Limited
£10k per annum plus expenses – approximately two and a half days per month
About Advance Housing and Support Limited
Advance Housing and Support Limited provides housing, support, employment and other community related services, specialising in supporting people with learning disabilities and mental health conditions. We provide a number of different types of services, including small-scale residential care homes, supported living services, shared ownership homes, community support services, day services and employment services.
We are a £32m business and operate over a large geographical area across the Midlands, London, South East and South West. We have offices in Witney (Oxfordshire), London, Leicester and Camborne (Cornwall); we also have a number of smaller offices.
Our vision is to transform the lives of people with a disability or mental health condition by providing the best quality housing, support and employment services. We want to enable our customers to live the lives they choose, achieve their personal goals, feel valued and know their voices are heard.
This is an exciting time to join Advance as we deliver our Strategic Plan (2017–2020). This strategy will help us achieve this vision and ensure we deliver leaner, more efficient services for our customers, motivate our staff to achieve their best and ensure our customers have a meaningful say in our work. It will ensure we continue to innovate and grow our services by partnering with others to meet and anticipate customer and commissioner needs. The strategy will also deliver value for money and secure our long-term financial stability, so that we can invest and grow.
About the Role
We are seeking candidates with a range of non-executive experience gained in organisations of a similar scale, complexity and (preferably) regulatory regime. Other essentials include the following:
- Strategic leadership and vision
- Governance experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ambitions for our customers and Advance as well as commitment to enabling our customers to realise their individual potential.
The time commitment for the Chair position is approximately 30 days per annum (including preparation time etc.). The remuneration is £10k per annum plus expenses. Board meetings are held in our main office in Witney or London and usually start at 11am.
For further information, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like a informal and confidential conversation in relation to the Chair role at Advance, please contact one of our retained advisors:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Executive Search and Interim Management at Altair Ltd: mobile 07806 602933 or email email@example.com
- Fiona Underwood, Co-Chief Executive, Altair: mobile 07788 643092 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
To apply for the Chair role at Advance, please complete our online registration form and attach the following documentation (please save your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file):
- A detailed CV including details of positions held (and dates), size of budgets and teams managed and key achievements, as well as your qualifications
- A supporting statement explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Advance and also addressing PART ONE of the person specification (summarising how you feel that your knowledge and experience make you a suitable candidate). Please give examples of specific achievements in the last five years which demonstrate your competence for this role
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for three referees. Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed Recruitment Monitoring Form (a Word version is available on our website and attached as reference at Appendix 2 of this recruitment pack)
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence. The closing date for applications is: 10:00am on Monday 4 February 2019 and the job reference code is: ALT235.
Download the required files