Board Member, Advance Housing and Support Limited
Meetings are generally held in London or Witney, Oxfordshire
£3k per annum (currently under review) plus expenses – approximately two days per month
About Advance Housing and Support Limited
Advance Housing and Support Limited provides housing, support, employment and other community related services, specialising in supporting people with learning disabilities and mental health conditions. We provide a number of different types of services, including small- scale residential care homes, supported living services, shared ownership homes, community support services and employment services.
We are a £32m business and operate over a large geographical area across the Midlands, London, South East and South West. We have offices in Witney (Oxfordshire), London, Leicester and Camborne (Cornwall); we also have a number of smaller offices.
Our vision is to transform the lives of people with a disability or mental health condition by providing the best quality housing, support and employment services. We want to enable our customers to live the lives they choose, achieve their personal goals, feel valued and know their voices are heard.
This is an exciting time to join Advance as we are in the final year of our Strategic Plan – 2017–2020 and will be developing our new strategy over the coming year. The development of the new strategy will be an opportunity to review our vision and to ensure we deliver leaner, more efficient services for our customers, motivate our staff to achieve their best and ensure our customers have a meaningful say in our work. The new strategy will need to ensure we continue to innovate and grow our services by partnering with others to meet and anticipate customer and commissioner needs and to deliver value for money and secure our long-term financial stability, so that we can invest and grow.
About the role
We are seeking strategic candidates with non-executive experience and director-level (or equivalent) expertise in one of more of the following:
- Financial strategy and planning
- Accounting/financial management
- Value for money
- Audit and the work of an Audit and Risk Committee
- Supported housing
- Care and support
- Strategic asset management
- Customer services
- Resident/customer involvement and engagement
An interest in Advance’s ambitions for our customers as well as our commitment to enabling our customers to realise their individual potential is also important.
For further information, please download and review the recruitment pack. If, having read the pack, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about Advance Housing and Support Limited or the role of Board Member, please contact a member of the Altair team:
- Sarah Palmer, Head of Interim Management and Executive Search – email@example.com | 07806 602933
- Fiona Underwood, Co-Chief Executive – mobile: 07788 643092, email:firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply for the position of Board Member at Advance Housing and Support Limited. please complete our registration form and attach the following documentation (please save your files with your surname first, followed by your first name and a description of the file):
- A detailed CV including details of positions held (and dates), size of budgets and teams managed and key achievements, as well as your qualifications
- A supporting statement explaining your motivation in applying for this position at Advance and explaining your interest in Advance’s ambitions for our customers as well as our commitment to enabling our customers to realise their individual potential. Please also address PART ONE of the person specification (summarising how you feel that your knowledge and experience make you a suitable candidate). Please give examples of specific achievements in the last five years which demonstrate your competence for this role
- Full contact details (name, job title, organisation, phone and email) for three referees. Please note we will not take up references without your prior permission
- Completed Recruitment Monitoring Form (a Word version is available on our website and attached as reference at Appendix 2 of this recruitment pack)
Your application will be acknowledged and treated with strictest confidence. The closing date for applications is: 10:00am on Friday 10 May 2019 and the job reference code is: ALT252.
Download the required files